1.    #1  
    Just wondering how many pre-pre release fans are interest in getting their hands on the Pre to skin/change themes on it?
    ive worked on various skins for various sony ericsson phones and nokia also the gizmondo. but cant wait to have a go at skinning the pre.

Would be fun to try and make a iphone style and android skin just for lols.
    cant wait for a release but hoping the OS isnt so closed off that we cant get into the guts of it.

any other designers got ideas in the works for their future palms?
    To me skinning WebOS is like painting over the Mona Lisa

I wouldn't want to make it look like Android which in my opinion is quite a dated look
    I also wouldn't want it to look like Mobile OSX, I mean does anybody believe that a grid of buttons on a black screen is a revolutionary user experience?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post

I wouldn't want to make it look like Android which in my opinion is quite a dated look
    I also wouldn't want it to look like Mobile OSX, I mean does anybody believe that a grid of buttons on a black screen is a revolutionary user experience?
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post
    But that wouldn't stop people from trying to "improve" its looks. Or making it look and behave like the iPhone or something similarly outlandish.
  5.    #5  
    @twisted-d yes the default looks is nice as it stands but after the intial period you will get bored of the look and will most likely change the wallpaper striaght away, so why not the rest... anyway if everyone stopped after the mona lisa was created other great paintings wouldnt get a look in like from turner or caravaggio.

Dont think green is everyones cup of tea also.. maybe a red or blue skin or something. the iphone/android was just a popular example of skinning, anyway its only the icons i like on the iphone the rest is quite dull.

Being a web based device it most likely will run all the popular graphics and be based on some sort of xml? hopefully accessable though worth letting someone do that hard work when it comes.
    when i saw the topic, i thought: can i get a gelaskin for the back?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    nah we are on about themes not silicon skins :P