Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Every day I log in and think "Ahh, this is the day...it's got to be, Palm/Sprint would be dumb to still not have released any information!". Yet every day, there is nothing new from them.

It's sad to be so excited about a phone for months, get literally ZERO information about it, and feel that excitement start to wane. It's sad to watch us grasping for straws, speculating constantly. You can only speculate so much, it gets old.

Sorry, maybe I'm just frustrated and cranky.
    Nah, it is pretty much Lord of the Flies here except everyone gets their own conch.
    Yeah I had a day dream about using Pandora on a Pre today and using headphones without an adaptor and then I snapped out of it It is depressing indeed, but when it does come out I think it will be worth the wait.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    lol well im hoping Pre is going to be a great phone... my contact isnt due for upgade till august (UK) and to swap providers its october... so as long as it comes out before then i would be very happy.
    just hopoe vodafone gets it on the UK release otherwise i will be v peeved
    Today was sllllllooowww. I think that we may have run out of rumors to run with.

But yeah, I am really itching for some new, true data about the Pre. Sprint really ought to finalize the price and release date and get this gravy train rollin' again!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  6. joelpalm
    Yeah the board has gotten a little lame lately. We need some more juicy morsels to dine upon if they refuse to give us a release date.
    lol i wouldnt worry the minute some real news comes in everyone will become active and the littlest news article will generate a 12 page thread in a few hours lol
    i prefer it like this at the start. you get to form good community members while waiting in the lul.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Trevsweb,
    You're from the U.K.? Do you here a buzz about the Pre in your area?

the duck
    nothing really, T3 reported they had the first in the UK demo of the Pre but it was behind a glass box :/ when i mention to friends they are clueless.
    palm really needs to take big risks with this smartphone for it to get in everyones face like the iphone.
    It's not that we've gotten "literally ZERO" information. It's just that it's been a relatively slow trickle.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Patience is a virtue that this generation has forgotten.
    That may be true Jewel but waiting can only increases competitions edge on the market and customer migration to another product, so no infomation might mean poor business... tbh i think the info has been a good taste of whats to come. just wish we had a date to look foreward too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Depends on which generation you're talking about. I was born in 1966, and I'm obsessed with the damn thing.
    I'm having another one of my moments when I wonder if Palm is doing this deliberately because they know that, despite how frustrated hardcore fans get, we'll still buy (or not buy) despite the trickle of info.

But maybe Palm feels that most potential users' attention spans can't endure months of lead-up time. A fast, heavy media blitz near the release date might be better for those who'll jump on the Pre for the same reasons that so many (not necessarily all) bought the iPhone: cool-factor.

Maybe Palm doesn't think that iron of coolness will remain hot long enough to announce the release date too soon.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    In all seriousness, I'm sure that the Palm/Sprint folks are doing everything they can to get the device out as quickly as humanly possible. Every day that the Pre's not being sold represents lost revenue--to Palm, income that they need to survive, for Sprint, recurring revenues that disappear with every day gone by. I don't think for a minute that there's anything other than manufacturing, technical, or legal reasons for the "delay".

In other words, I'm guessing that the only thing stopping them from announcing a release date is that they just don't yet know what it is. And the worst thing would be to announce a date, and then miss it. They're probably beyond the point of worrying so much about the simple promotional effect.

frak patience, give us a release date.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Depends on which generation you're talking about. I was born in 1966, and I'm obsessed with the damn thing.
    I like your answer man.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    frak patience, give us a release date.

Easy brother. Easy.
    Easy brother. Easy.
    galactica huh?
    Even palm_inc's twitter is a little slow lately. They should know that the hype is dying a little.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast