Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    ...a "making off" DVD. I found the little history lesson that Mr. Rubinstein gave at CES quite entertaining, and I bet the whole history of the Pre, from initial design inception to completion would make for some interesting viewing.

    Of course....I doubt that they had the cameras rolling while the engineers pondered on how much memory they'd stick in the thing, or the most likely heated discussion whether or not to include a micro SD card slot. But oh well, it's a non news day, and I am bored.
  2. #2  
    I like that idea Manny - it would be interesting to see a "back stage" look on some of the thoughts, meetings, ideas, prototypes, and successes that led up to this product. I think as not just a phone launch, but also the launch of a new operating system, this would be something pretty cool to include in the box as a "welcome to Pre - your first step into the world of WebOS" type of thing
  3. #3  
    It's a great idea, it would also be nice to just have it on the Pre as a "sample" movie in the video application. No extra cost to add a dvd. Palm stopped including cd's with the Treo Pro. Just plug it in to your computer and the software and extras were in the Treo itself.

    It's a great idea for all us geeks (we'll probably just drag and drop something like this on our Pre so we can watch it), but the regular consumers really won't care about this.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4. #4  
    I think it would be good for more than just the techno geeks. It'd be helpful for the uneducated masses - they'd be able to understand why A and not B?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5. #5  
    Manny - as good an idea as this is... I don't want Palm to notice this thread as they will also think it is a great idea and then postpone the release to make the DVDs
  6. #6  
    That would be cool but there would be a long section explaining how they postpone the launch to make forum nerds go crazy
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  7. #7  
    I was going to say a card slot, 16gb of memory , gsm radio and local hotsync. But sure, a dvd would be nice.
  8. #8  
    Why Motion Apps' Classic should be preinstalled, gratis, for all us loyal Palm fans and beta testers of the Pre v 1.0
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  9. #9  
    Entry:

    (April 1st 2009 2:09pst)

    We here at Palm can't help but laugh at all the speculations of the Pre. We don't even know the date of the release, and everyone from Engadget to PreCentral are takin bets on the date. This is the funniest thing, we've ever witnessed.Today we're going to unvail the SDK, and they keeping saying its gonna be our pricing... haha oh if they only knew


    (april 1st 2009 5:45pst)

    Michael Abbott just gave his quick keynote at web2.0 and the community is floored. haha. Oh man did they really think we would tell them when it was coming out? haha... Oh geez, this is better than Bret Michael's Rock of Love!!
    (high fives michael abbott) Michael how do you feel?
    Michael: Let's grab a beer and mingle!!!
    (signs off camera)
    I love lolcats
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    It's a great idea, it would also be nice to just have it on the Pre as a "sample" movie in the video application. No extra cost to add a dvd. Palm stopped including cd's with the Treo Pro. Just plug it in to your computer and the software and extras were in the Treo itself.

    It's a great idea for all us geeks (we'll probably just drag and drop something like this on our Pre so we can watch it), but the regular consumers really won't care about this.
    This could only be topped if about 10 seconds in the video it switch to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.

    Rick roll every Pre owner.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
  11. #11  
    "Hey Rick, it's your cousin Marvin, Marvin Astley. You know that mediocre, generic sound you're looking for?? Well listen to this!!"

    God I love Family Guy.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12. #12  
    I hope not!!! This could start a trend that would be unstoppable... having to listen to moronic ramblings about how great the experience was and about those exciting times and how they ultimately saved the world for a better tomorrow. And don't forget the team. That would be the best team in the world, of-course. They all definitely enjoyed working together. The best part is, it would all be the truth. Honest.

    We'd also have to put up with millions of threads by crapple canboys on blogs and forums about whether the iPoo DVD was better than anybody elses.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyturboii View Post
    this could only be topped if about 10 seconds in the video it switch to rick astley's never gonna give you up.

    Rick roll every pre owner.
    lol :d
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    ...a "making off" DVD. I found the little history lesson that Mr. Rubinstein gave at CES quite entertaining, and I bet the whole history of the Pre, from initial design inception to completion would make for some interesting viewing.

    Of course....I doubt that they had the cameras rolling while the engineers pondered on how much memory they'd stick in the thing, or the most likely heated discussion whether or not to include a micro SD card slot. But oh well, it's a non news day, and I am bored.
    I think they'd be better to just put some videos on their website. Otherwise it might turn into a sales video telling you why you should buy the thing you just bought.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by photomatic View Post
    I think they'd be better to just put some videos on their website. Otherwise it might turn into a sales video telling you why you should buy the thing you just bought.
    True...that's a great idea as well!
  16. #16  
    How about instead of a DVD, they include something that can help spread guerrilla/viral marketing by us Pre fanatics? Maybe a sticker or static window decal that says "My Pre can beat up your iPhone"...?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolman View Post
    How about instead of a DVD, they include something that can help spread guerrilla/viral marketing by us Pre fanatics? Maybe a sticker or static window decal that says "My Pre can beat up your iPhone"...?
    ______________________________________________
    Lou

    "I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
  18. #18  
    All I can say is, this thread should be sufficient to show the Palm and Sprint folks just how their delay in releasing the Pre is affecting our psychology.

    Oh, the humanity!
  19.    #19  
    How about Calvin, from the Calvin & Hobbes cartoon, peeing on an iPhone while wearing a Palm shirt?

    I'd put that on my truck...not my car, but I'd put it on my truck
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    How about Calvin, from the Calvin & Hobbes cartoon, peeing on an iPhone while wearing a Palm shirt?

    I'd put that on my truck...not my car, but I'd put it on my truck
    That's just too overdone...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions