Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Sorry to disappoint, but Street View is not in Google Maps on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but Street View is not in Google Maps on the Pre
    how do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    how do you know?
    Based on this and a few previous posts of his, it would be a guess of mine that he knows someone, but I don't know for sure.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I can't say how I know, I'm just sharing what I know
    Well maybe in 1.5 or 2.0
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Honestly, I've always found the compass street view to be kind of silly, even though I haven't had a chance to try it out. Why do I need a phone to show me a picture of what's in front of me?

Don't get me wrong, Street View is incredibly useful - I used it just an hour ago to pinpoint my destination - but it feels gimmicky to look at a picture of what's in front of me already.
    Augmented Reality. Look at a building through your phone, it can tell you the address, name, year it was built, how many stories, what companies are in it etc, etc, etc.

There are a million uses for the tech. It is one of the most outstanding features of the G1.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Best guess: If it doesn't have it now, it most certainly will shortly after its release. My current phone Blackberry Curve 8330 is running Google Maps v3.0.2 and I believe it was v3.0 that added street view as an option.

I'd be very surprised if that feature wasn't eventually added at some point.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I can't say how I know, I'm just sharing what I know
    lol

Dont you love the build up to a new phone?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Not only do I hope we get Google maps with street view, but I really wish they had some way to plot a route with speed-limits on all the roads. Does Google have this? Any other map or GPS system have it? It would be very useful when trying to travel from point A to point B in a vehicle like a scooter or NEV that is not allowed to travel on roads posted with speed limits over "x" miles per hour. You wouldn't get 2/3rds the way through a 4-hour trip to discover you are not allowed to legally go any further.

We need a readily-available database of all speed limits on every road, with frequent updates for changes.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Having databases for specialized vehicles seems a bit excessive, hell I didn't even know what a NEV was until I googled it just now. In your case, I would suggest the hopes that the Google Maps search has the option to avoid highways.

Also at the moment not all NAV software displays posted speed limits. Telenav and Google Maps do not offer these features.
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Not only do I hope we get Google maps with street view, but I really wish they had some way to plot a route with speed-limits on all the roads. Does Google have this? Any other map or GPS system have it? It would be very useful when trying to travel from point A to point B in a vehicle like a scooter or NEV that is not allowed to travel on roads posted with speed limits over "x" miles per hour. You wouldn't get 2/3rds the way through a 4-hour trip to discover you are not allowed to legally go any further.

We need a readily-available database of all speed limits on every road, with frequent updates for changes.
    Garmin added that feature in version 5 of Mobile XT
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12