1.    #1  
    I converted someone over to a Pre from my iphone yesterday. This is about how it went...

Me (on my iphone): So you need a new cell phone?

friend: Yeah, it finally went out on me. So time to move to a smartphone finally. Was thinking Iphone.

Me: I got one. It's very cool...hello? Damn..lost connection.

5 min later...

Me: Sorry about that..

Friend: No problem. Anyways, should i get it now or wait?

Me: I'd probably get it now.

Friend: what? I can't understand you

Me: I said i'd get it now

Friend: huh?

Me: damn..call dropped

5 min later...

Me: sorry about that

Friend: no problem.

Me: but yeah dude, iphone rocks but i'm switching to the Pre

Friend: Pee? what's that?

Me: no..Pre. Palm Pre

Friend: dude, i can't understand you. You sound all garbled up.

Me: Hold on..let me switch to my Centro (wife's..on sprint). Damn..lost connection.
  2.    #2  
    Yeah yeah, sounds lame. But i kid you not.

This has went on the last year for me. Probably an AT&T thing and where i'm at but the coverage map says i should be fine. Still very annoying though.
    Its not just at&t same problem on ALL 4 gsm carriers in Australia. Pretty sure it is identified as a hardware problem something to do with the hand off from 2.5g to 3g towers. shhh don't tell the fanbois. its one of the reasons i dumped my iphone.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

i converted my Fiance onto the Centro ....
    I plan on converting her to the Pre ... and maybe a few others :-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yeah yeah, sounds lame. But i kid you not.

This has went on the last year for me. Probably an AT&T thing and where i'm at but the coverage map says i should be fine. Still very annoying though.
    This just happened when I was talking to a friend in Chicago who has an iPhone on AT&T. I kept hearing echos and garbled words. It happens a lot when I talk to this particular person, one of the only people I know with an iPhone or AT&T.

Funny thing is he used to work for Motorola and always had the hottest new Moto phone. Never had a problem talking to him until he got an iPhone.
    definitely not the first i've heard of something like this. My friends that have iphones swear up and down that their service is just fine, but when you talk to them, you can't even make out what they're saying. I guess the iphone was went to be more of an ipod touch than a phone.