1.    #1  
    I'll be paying full (non-subsidized) price to Sprint for the Pre, having pretty much a full 2-year contract remaining. So, any guesses as to what I'll be paying?

I'm thinking it'll be right around $500. Anything north of $600, and I'll have to think harder about it.
    Just my WAG, but I paid about 535.00 for the Treo 800 when it came out. I'm pretty much resigned to the same amount for the Pre, which will hopefully be a much better phone.

(nevermind that it's a 1.0 release)
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'll be paying full (non-subsidized) price to Sprint for the Pre, having pretty much a full 2-year contract remaining. So, any guesses as to what I'll be paying?

I'm thinking it'll be right around $500. Anything north of $600, and I'll have to think harder about it.
    $500 sounds about right.

What phone do you have now?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

4.    #4  
    I have a Touch Pro. It's okay for a Windows Mobile phone, but boy, am I sooooo tired of Windows Mobile. So many problems with it, I was ready to switch to AT&T for an iPhone right when the Pre was announced. I'm glad I waited the few weeks back in January, but now I'm ready to pay almost whatever for the Pre.
    I'm putting my money on $599.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  6.    #6  
    Hey, by my own definition, $599 still works for me! :-)
    I agree with others, $599.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    Now, let's not get TOO hasty. I was liking $500...
    Do I hear 750?
  10.    #10  
    Banger, now that's just crazy talk!
    $600
    I was going to guess that it was going to be around $699, based on the $549 price of the Treo Pro; but now the Pro is down to $399 on the Palm website.

So my guess is that the Pre will go for around $599 (I think that they will charge a little more than they did for the Pro at launch).

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
  13.    #13  
    You know, I'm really being pretty cavalier about this whole thing. I think my wife will kill me if I spend $599 on the thing.

Nevertheless, I will. And it will be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You know, I'm really being pretty cavalier about this whole thing. I think my wife will kill me if I spend $599 on the thing.

Nevertheless, I will. And it will be worth it.
    ...and thats why I am avoiding the M word... I don't want to get my ear chewed off for my purchases
    I love lolcats
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    ...and thats why I am avoiding the M word... I don't want to get my ear chewed off for my purchases
    Ah, it's not that bad...
    Thank God my Sprint contract expires May 11.
    It's like it's fate the Pre comes out when that happens.
    They knocked off $150 on the unlocked Pro? That's a good price, they should have done that in the beginning.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They knocked off $150 on the unlocked Pro? That's a good price, they should have done that in the beginning.
    I thought so too...doesn't say that it's a sale of anything either.

Sprint still has it a full price, though.

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Remember when the Touch Pro came out and it was 900 or something like that LOL!

I think it will be between 500-700. I don't know if it is worth that much, even though it is superduperuberawesome.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.