Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just grabbed these before they were deleted from Twitpic via @lo_toney

Palm Pre in the wild - video screen

Palm Pre in the wild - email composition

Palm Pre in the wild - size comparison to iPhone

nice find! any idea where they were taken?
    If I'm not mistaken, that's showing YouTube videos, which answers a question I read somewhere about whether the Pre will play them out of the box. And it seems like a very nice, clean interface, at that.
    Yikes, the iPhone looks gargantuan.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    omg..omg..omg..omg. I wantzz Pre right now.

Seriously though, nice find. Just another month to go...
    Looks like they were taken in a conference room of sorts. the guys twitter account says he is from Cali. So i am going to guess they were taken there. If that helps at all.

CAN I HAZ PRE NOW!
    Youtube!!!!!!!!
    Well I guess we can check the youtube box off on wanted features.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that's showing YouTube videos, which answers a question I read somewhere about whether the Pre will play them out of the box. And it seems like a very nice, clean interface, at that.
    It's the Youtube mobile page though...Doesn't confirm that it will play the videos.
    Nice find! Do we think that these pics that are showing up are beta testers? The last one makes it look like he's had his Pre for a little while (bottom left of it looks a little scratched...?).

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    I'm trying to read what was typed. It looks like. "Hi, my name is the weirdest keyboard. I am trying to type as fast as I can. Damn this thing catch typos. I am in love with john rubinstein. Don't dis stupid sh??.
    Syphon - What page are you referring to? Doesn't look like the Youtube mobile page as I see it on my Touch Pro (in Opera). Looks like a Pre application to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It's the Youtube mobile page though...Doesn't confirm that it will play the videos.
    First of all, I think you're wrong, it appears to be redone in a Pre styled GUI and says Youtube in the status bar, so it seems to me that it's a Youtube app. (Though, I can't remember if the browser shows the page name or "Web" there.)

But secondly, Youtube Mobile uses "RTSP/3GP with H263/AMR".

And look, the Pre happens to support:

Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Image Formats: GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP

So, either way, it should be able to use Youtube Mobile even if there isn't a specific app.

Edit: Checked a couple videos, and the browser definitely only says "Web" in the status bar, so this is an application.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/23/2009 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Yikes, the iPhone looks gargantuan.
    I think alot of people will be surprised to see how small the Pre is (with keybd closed).
    Yes the browser does show "Web" in the upper left corner, must be standalone Youtube app.
    OoooooooOoOoOOOooOOhhh YYYyyeeeAaaaaAh!!! Flex!!!

Blurry Cam pics! Now this makes a Goat happy.

Great find Damage-Inc... You just made my birthday that much sweeter!

Now the Goat needs to go off and get drunk and frollick.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    OoooooooOoOoOOOooOOhhh YYYyyeeeAaaaaAh!!! Flex!!!

Blurry Cam pics! Now this makes a Goat happy.

Great find Damage-Inc... You just made my birthday that much sweeter!

Now the Goat needs to go off and get drunk and frollick.
    Happy Birthday Pedro!!! - and nice Macho Man impersonation LOL
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I think alot of people will be surprised to see how small the Pre is (with keybd closed).
    It is kinda small... but I still want it BADLY. And I think it will be totally fine.

I've actually created a pic that is more or less the same size as the Pre, I think. If you print it at 100% without stretching or zooming you can cut it out and get an idea of how big.

And yes... I am that pathetic and anxious that I did this.... but don't lie... you're printing it right now... aren't you?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    I'm trying to read what was typed. It looks like. "Hi, my name is the weirdest keyboard. I am trying to type as fast as I can. Damn this thing catch typos. I am in love with john rubinstein. Don't dis stupid sh??.
    At first, I thought you were joking. But after taking a better look at the photo, I can see you are correct. Good job.
    looks like the email is to a Steven Carpenter

P.S. Happy B-day to the Goat...I can honestly say that I've never wished a Goat Happy B-day before.
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 04/23/2009 at 05:29 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast