Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
  1.    #1  
    Just grabbed these before they were deleted from Twitpic via @lo_toney

    Palm Pre in the wild - video screen



    Palm Pre in the wild - email composition



    Palm Pre in the wild - size comparison to iPhone

  2. #2  
    nice find! any idea where they were taken?
  3. #3  
    If I'm not mistaken, that's showing YouTube videos, which answers a question I read somewhere about whether the Pre will play them out of the box. And it seems like a very nice, clean interface, at that.
  4. #4  
    Yikes, the iPhone looks gargantuan.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  5. #5  
    omg..omg..omg..omg. I wantzz Pre right now.

    Seriously though, nice find. Just another month to go...
  6. #6  
    Looks like they were taken in a conference room of sorts. the guys twitter account says he is from Cali. So i am going to guess they were taken there. If that helps at all.


    CAN I HAZ PRE NOW!
  7. #7  
    Youtube!!!!!!!!
  8. #8  
    Well I guess we can check the youtube box off on wanted features.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that's showing YouTube videos, which answers a question I read somewhere about whether the Pre will play them out of the box. And it seems like a very nice, clean interface, at that.
    It's the Youtube mobile page though...Doesn't confirm that it will play the videos.
  10. #10  
    Nice find! Do we think that these pics that are showing up are beta testers? The last one makes it look like he's had his Pre for a little while (bottom left of it looks a little scratched...?).
    ______________________________________________
    Lou

    "I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
  11. #11  
    I'm trying to read what was typed. It looks like. "Hi, my name is the weirdest keyboard. I am trying to type as fast as I can. Damn this thing catch typos. I am in love with john rubinstein. Don't dis stupid sh??.
  12. #12  
    Syphon - What page are you referring to? Doesn't look like the Youtube mobile page as I see it on my Touch Pro (in Opera). Looks like a Pre application to me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It's the Youtube mobile page though...Doesn't confirm that it will play the videos.
    First of all, I think you're wrong, it appears to be redone in a Pre styled GUI and says Youtube in the status bar, so it seems to me that it's a Youtube app. (Though, I can't remember if the browser shows the page name or "Web" there.)

    But secondly, Youtube Mobile uses "RTSP/3GP with H263/AMR".

    And look, the Pre happens to support:

    Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Image Formats: GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP

    So, either way, it should be able to use Youtube Mobile even if there isn't a specific app.

    Edit: Checked a couple videos, and the browser definitely only says "Web" in the status bar, so this is an application.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/23/2009 at 04:07 PM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Yikes, the iPhone looks gargantuan.
    I think alot of people will be surprised to see how small the Pre is (with keybd closed).
  15. #15  
    Yes the browser does show "Web" in the upper left corner, must be standalone Youtube app.
  16. #16  
    OoooooooOoOoOOOooOOhhh YYYyyeeeAaaaaAh!!! Flex!!!

    Blurry Cam pics! Now this makes a Goat happy.

    Great find Damage-Inc... You just made my birthday that much sweeter!

    Now the Goat needs to go off and get drunk and frollick.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    OoooooooOoOoOOOooOOhhh YYYyyeeeAaaaaAh!!! Flex!!!

    Blurry Cam pics! Now this makes a Goat happy.

    Great find Damage-Inc... You just made my birthday that much sweeter!

    Now the Goat needs to go off and get drunk and frollick.
    Happy Birthday Pedro!!! - and nice Macho Man impersonation LOL
  18. joshh347's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I think alot of people will be surprised to see how small the Pre is (with keybd closed).
    It is kinda small... but I still want it BADLY. And I think it will be totally fine.

    I've actually created a pic that is more or less the same size as the Pre, I think. If you print it at 100% without stretching or zooming you can cut it out and get an idea of how big.

    And yes... I am that pathetic and anxious that I did this.... but don't lie... you're printing it right now... aren't you?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    I'm trying to read what was typed. It looks like. "Hi, my name is the weirdest keyboard. I am trying to type as fast as I can. Damn this thing catch typos. I am in love with john rubinstein. Don't dis stupid sh??.
    At first, I thought you were joking. But after taking a better look at the photo, I can see you are correct. Good job.
  20. #20  
    looks like the email is to a Steven Carpenter

    P.S. Happy B-day to the Goat...I can honestly say that I've never wished a Goat Happy B-day before.
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 04/23/2009 at 05:29 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions