Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I think alot of people will be surprised to see how small the Pre is (with keybd closed).
    Yes, that is exactly my concern. As much as I am looking forward to the Pre, I do worry that the screen will be too small for these tired eyes of mine.
    Nick Andriash
    Courtenay, B.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickster248 View Post
    Yes, that is exactly my concern. As much as I am looking forward to the Pre, I do worry that the screen will be too small for these tired eyes of mine.
    well seeing as it is barely any smaller than the iphone's screen and is larger than most phone screens out right now, it shouldn't be too hard. if the pre's screen is too small, id guess that any cell phone screen would be too small.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Isn't it only .4" less diagonally?--3.5" to 3.1"?

Cheers
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    iPhone is 3.5" and not 3.4"

Also, I'd be interested to see what the size of the screen + gesture area is.

The gesture area is hit or miss for me. I like the idea of having a place to touch and use that won't smudget the screen. At the same time, I hate all the wasted space on my Touch Diamond that is used for the buttons instead of screen.

If it was just a little smaller on the screen size the Pre probably wouldn't be for me because mutlimedia is part of my use for these things and I hate my Diamonds 2.8". But 3.1" is enough that I'll give it a chance to look and see.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Zyphlin;1588491]iPhone is 3.5" and not 3.4"

I understand. Not what I said. What I said was the difference between the two screens was .4" diagonally.

The iPhone is 3.5" diagonally.
    The Pre is 3.1" diagonally.

3.5-3.1=.4" difference.

I have reviewed the comparison photos. The Pre device is certainly smaller, but the screens don't seem that different to me. Definitely smaller, though.
    [QUOTE=Mike5;1588500]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    iPhone is 3.5" and not 3.4"

I understand. Not what I said. What I said was the difference between the two screens was .4" diagonally.

The iPhone is 3.5" diagonally.
    The Pre is 3.1" diagonally.

3.5-3.1=.4" difference.

I have reviewed the comparison photos. The Pre device is certainly smaller, but the screens don't seem that different to me. Definitely smaller, though.

You can then also look at it by saying that its only .3" bigger than the htc diamond. I find that screen way to small.
    I like the idea of the Pre's small form factor with still a large screen and real keybd. I'm thinking its going to be a lot better that using my Centro.
    Just look at a HTC Touch, that's pretty much exaclty how big the Pre will be physically. Now just imagine the screen .3 inches bigger, and that ought to give you a good idea of what the real live version will be like. Two of my friends have a Diamond, and for some reason, there screen looks smaller than the one on my touch even though they are the same size. It's all a matter of perception.
    Great pics, definitely puts me at ease that there is actually a youtube app.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234