Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think the Pre looks as sexy as ever in those pics!
    nice find on the picks first time posting but been reading for a while also happy bday goat
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    The Pre looks kind of ugly in those pictures. Reminds me of that failure phone named the Motorola Peble.
    If it looks ugly in those photos... Well then... Ummm maybe you don't like the design of the phone in the 1st place? I think it looks real, and honest in those photo's to me. Cell-pics and point and shoot photo's do a great job for humbling the most egocentric models.. Consider this those pics. lol
    I love lolcats
    Ya know... after seeing how real these pics look, this one looks pretty fake to me...

The Pre looks too small in these kids hands as compared to the person in the new pictures.

Or am I just seeing things?
    Last edited by Hoffman109; 04/23/2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Details....

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Now that I really look hard, it looks like they don't even have the camera app open, it looks like they are on the home screen...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    How so?

What's on the screen of each phone is quite different, but seems to match what they are pointing at. Also the phones seem to be at the right angle considering how they are being held. Size wise, compared to the hand, they seem right on too.

I don't think those are fakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    How so?

What's on the screen of each phone is quite different, but seems to match what they are pointing at. Also the phones seem to be at the right angle considering how they are being held. Size wise, compared to the hand, they seem right on too.

I don't think those are fakes.
    The one on the left does; the one on the right just seems off to me for some reason.
    It also looks like the they are both watching the exact same thing... some type of baseball video. Seems like the pictures on the screen should be a little more different from each other.

Might just be me, though.
    Last edited by Hoffman109; 04/23/2009 at 10:51 PM.

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    They are pointing in the same general direction.... I still think they are legit.
    If they are pointing at the road, it looks brownish instead of black like the asphalt.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Pretty sure the OP of the picture of the kids said he had to like a sneak a picture of them. There would be no point to photoshop a picture of this.
    Any time I see a new pic, I fall in love all over again.
    Sigh.
    That YouTube app looks like a dummy phone, like there is a gap between the screen and the front of the case...
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Living here in SF, I can assure you that those pics of the 2 kids with the Pre is most certainly real. Being in the city where a lot of "techy" stuff happens - people have all sorts of crazy connections here. Seeing prototypes of things and early releases of stuff doesn't even surprise me anymore. I mean seriously -Pandora, CNET, Technorati, TiVO, Sling media, Six apart, Real Player, Pixar, Oracle, VMware blah blah and then drive a little further down and you hit Silicon Valley home of Palm, Apple etc etc. We get to see stuff earlier (oh yeah Macworld is here too) but if you're not one of those people who have these types of "connections" here then we just have to wait like everyone else to get our hands on it. Otherwise a few phone calls to the right people and you can get "demo units" or be on a "test panel"
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Living here in SF, I can assure you that those pics of the 2 kids with the Pre is most certainly real. Being in the city where a lot of "techy" stuff happens - people have all sorts of crazy connections here. Seeing prototypes of things and early releases of stuff doesn't even surprise me anymore. I mean seriously -Pandora, CNET, Technorati, TiVO, Sling media, Six apart, Real Player, Pixar, Oracle, VMware blah blah and then drive a little further down and you hit Silicon Valley home of Palm, Apple etc etc. We get to see stuff earlier (oh yeah Macworld is here too) but if you're not one of those people who have these types of "connections" here then we just have to wait like everyone else to get our hands on it. Otherwise a few phone calls to the right people and you can get "demo units" or be on a "test panel"
    I'm undecided on the first set of pics, but these new ones look fake. If you can get pictures you can get video. These pics just don't look real to me. The lighting on the keys (vs. the body), the contrast between the phone and the the man's hand, as well as the most important portions of the photo being blurred all lead me to believe these are fakes. If the argument is that this is an advocate then we'd be seeing tons of pics coming in and using decent cameras (you get to take them home don't you?) What's more, once they get these out to store employees, these employees know there's no way that Palm / Sprint are going to be able to track them down with pics or are willing to spend the time or resources doing so. The day these go out to stores, this site will be flooded with pics. These are fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    OoooooooOoOoOOOooOOhhh YYYyyeeeAaaaaAh!!! Flex!!!

Blurry Cam pics! Now this makes a Goat happy.

Great find Damage-Inc... You just made my birthday that much sweeter!

Now the Goat needs to go off and get drunk and frollick.
    Exactly!

Saw your birthday was yesterday, but didn't get to post. Have a happy belated birthday.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Thanks Jill! I sure did!

I'm still examining the photos closely. This is wonderful stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I'm undecided on the first set of pics, but these new ones look fake. If you can get pictures you can get video. These pics just don't look real to me. The lighting on the keys (vs. the body), the contrast between the phone and the the man's hand, as well as the most important portions of the photo being blurred all lead me to believe these are fakes. If the argument is that this is an advocate then we'd be seeing tons of pics coming in and using decent cameras (you get to take them home don't you?) What's more, once they get these out to store employees, these employees know there's no way that Palm / Sprint are going to be able to track them down with pics or are willing to spend the time or resources doing so. The day these go out to stores, this site will be flooded with pics. These are fake.
    No doubt about it in my mind, these are NOT legit, Contrast between foreground and background looks off, lighting and some of the shadows look suspicious, etc.
    hot
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    If they are pointing at the road, it looks brownish instead of black like the asphalt.
    There's bound to be some color distortion when you're taking a picture of a cell phone taking a picture with the sky/surroundings also reflecting off the screen of the cell phone that is having its picture taken while taking a picture.

"'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Thanks Jill! I sure did!

I'm still examining the photos closely. This is wonderful stuff.
    happy b (elated) day goat
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast