Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Dieter. Where are you? Did you have a chance to handle the phone at CES? If so, how did the screen feel?Did it feel the same or different?
    the duck
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Dieter. Where are you? Did you have a chance to handle the phone at CES? If so, how did the screen feel?Did it feel the same or different?
    the duck
    I don't think Palm allowed anyone to touch the phone let alone hold it. I think the only one who has held it for an extended period of time was Josh from Engadget when he was on Late Night. I bet Palm was backstage though to have a "presence" in case he decided he liked it "too" much
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Will the curved screen present a problem applying a protector?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Will the curved screen present a problem applying a protector?
    doubtful, might have to be a little more careful of bubbles but it should be pretty straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    I can only speak for the zagg film, but it is as good as any case that I've used. The problem with the hard cases is that they rub over time and leave marks (at least with my experience). The zagg skin is really pretty durable and has kept my 700p pristine with several drops (even rough concrete).
    As a Zagg user I concur. It really looks good on my Treo Pro and I can keep it in my pocket (keys and all) without worry about scratches.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I don't think Palm allowed anyone to touch the phone let alone hold it. I think the only one who has held it for an extended period of time was Josh from Engadget when he was on Late Night. I bet Palm was backstage though to have a "presence" in case he decided he liked it "too" much
    there was a link on here posted from profootballtalk.com and they posted the video of Dieter playing with the Pre at CES for about 10 minutes or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Yeah they do, have for a while. I mean even the DS has screen protectors and those screens get touched pretty damn often. With a finger and stylus.
    The DS has a resistive touch screen, as do most other devices (all previous Palms and most WinMo machines). Capacitive screens use a different technology, so they need special screen protectors, but they do make such things.

On a resistive screen, the touch is registered by pushing two layers together--the electrical interaction occurs between these two sheets. On a capacitive screen, the electrical interaction occurs between your finger and the screen, so you need a protector that preserves the electrical interaction.

For example, on a resistive screen, you can use gloves. Can't do that on a capacitive screen. I read somewhere that someone produced a special set of gloves for the iPhone that worked with the capacitive screen. The stylus is another item that has to be specially designed to work with a capacitive screen--regular styli won't work, but there are some made to work with capacitive screens.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    My friend has a Zagg for his iPhone and it makes no difference at all. Hopefully the one for the Pre doesn't just cover the screen, it should cover all the front so that there is no raised protector just covering the screen.

And for gloves for capacitive screens....gizmodo did a review of 3 of them. They range from 35-50 and I would expect more in the lineup this winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Sorry, I assumed everybody here is a fanatic with nothing better to do than read every story and look at every picture of the Pre and knew exactly what I was talking about.

Palm Pre finds a totally unofficial home in China
    Hehe. I've seen that picture before, I didn't even notice that the button was missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    How about difficulty putting a screen protector on that without making it look like a supermarket steak package.
    That made me chuckle.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123