Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dual-mode capable modems already exist from Sprint, defaulting to 4G and reverting to EVDO when outside of 4G coverage area:

Gizmodo - Sprint Dual U300 Modem Will Connect to Both EVDO and WiMax - Evdo

I don't believe it will be available until 2G Pre, but Sprint is ambitious about its rollout of WiMax this calendar year, so it would be a huge benefit to the phone, which would sell like hotcakes in those markets where WiMax is or is shortly to become available.

From the very beginning I've thought that linking the Pre with 4G ads is suspicious, so there very well may be a surprise in store upon launch.
    More interesting info.

In related news, the carrier is also taking this opportunity to reveal that it has "several new 4G devices planned for 2009 and 2010, including a single-mode 4G data card, embedded laptops, a small-office-home-office broadband modem and a tri-mode phone."
    Sprint 4g -- Engadget Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    More interesting info.

Sprint 4g -- Engadget Mobile
    Yup, though they've always maintained that the tri-mode phone won't be hitting streets until 2010.

Well, not always. There used to be a time when by now the entire urban population of the United States was supposed to have WiMax, we can all see how that turned out.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    If they can get WiMax into the Pre then that surely means that they can get LTE into the GSM Pre...dominate the world...profit.
    I didn't check the thread to see if this was already posted, and I'll not vouch for the source, but:

4G Coming to Sprint’s Palm Pre? TeenTechBlog

I particularly like the part about the delay being because of WiMax...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123