Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Emailed them asking if they planned on releasing an app for the Pre:

Hi James

There are no plans to release an app for the Palm at the moment. We are always looking at ways to improve our service so appreciate any feedback.

Kind regards

Jon

Jon Davies
    Customer Services/Music Encoder
    t: +44 (0) 845 600 3956
    w: www.shazam.com

Shazam Entertainment Limited
    Charles House 4th Floor
    375 Kensington High Street
    London
    W14 8QH
    Maybe they'll come around once the Pre is released. I think this is a really cool app on other devices.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    It is a cool app. Can't say i've ever used it other than to see it work.
  3.    #3  
    Just noticed his response said "for the Palm".. Wonder if he misread my question and thought I meant PalmOS. Hmm.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    That sucks. it is a great, simple, fun app.
    I'm sure they'll end up making an app for the PRE.
    No plans because right now there's no market.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    That's really unfortunate I was looking forward to playing with shazam. I'm sure if Palm ends up selling the 2.5 million phones that analysts are expecting, then they'll port it over.
    FWIW, not everyone can even get the SDK yet. Until it's readily available to everyone, some apps are going to be left out. I too, am hoping Shazam hops on board once the Pre comes out.
    Shazam is an amazing app. At first I never thought I would really need it, but I find myself using it quite often now. I love once it identifies a song, I can tag it and download it later in itunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    FWIW, not everyone can even get the SDK yet. Until it's readily available to everyone, some apps are going to be left out. I too, am hoping Shazam hops on board once the Pre comes out.
    I hate that Palm (and Apple) do this. They give a huge advantage to some companies by giving them the sdk early.
    Maybe there will be a similar app by someone else.

Maybe even an app that tells you the type of fart made by prefart.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Numbers drive apps. If Palm sells 5 million Pres (Pre's?, PREs?) you can bet plenty of these application shops will develop for it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I hate that Palm (and Apple) do this. They give a huge advantage to some companies by giving them the sdk early.
    Yup. You give your friends first dibs when you get a free pair of tickets to the game, don't you?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    It's also still a beta SDK. They want a small group working with it, as with any beta to better tweak and adjust the system for wider distribution. Why do you hate that they want to only widely release a well tested SDK? Last thing we want to be hearing about is how unstable and buggy the SDK is. Small release early to developers who can demonstrate the potential and help adjust the SDK and then a wide release of a stable SDK to more developers to produce great results as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    It's also still a beta SDK. They want a small group working with it, as with any beta to better tweak and adjust the system for wider distribution. Why do you hate that they want to only widely release a well tested SDK? Last thing we want to be hearing about is how unstable and buggy the SDK is. Small release early to developers who can demonstrate the potential and help adjust the SDK and then a wide release of a stable SDK to more developers to produce great results as well.
    personally I'd rather have a buggy beta release available to everyone than a early release for only a select few. Like with any beta release, it is understood that the SDK would not be at it's 100% potential. People developing on it could whine and complain all they want, but if its in beta, any developer will be able to understand that things can and will change. If it's buggy then and you don't like it, then wait for the final version. Why do those of us that don't mind developing on bleeding edge SDKs get penalized for a handful of people that can't understand the meaning of BETA? The truth is, the phone will be out in less than 2 months no matter what, and if the beta is still that buggy and unstable this close to release, then Palm has bigger things to worry about.
    It would be dumb of them not to. They will make a fortune.
    Yeah, that free iphone app made em a fortune
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yeah, that free iphone app made em a fortune
    I imagine they probably have a special referral relationship with iTunes that has made them a small fortune. Not to mention how many users have been turned onto their paid services.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I imagined i had an imaginary friend when i was little. Look where that got me..
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    personally I'd rather have a buggy beta release available to everyone than a early release for only a select few.
    Go say that that over at crackberry... the storm is a perfect example of WE WANT THE PHONE NOW!! I Promise I won't complain if it's buggy.. People are complaining big time. And are calling the phone a failure, and now it's buy one get one free!

Palm is in a time crunch... damned if they do damned if they don't.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast