View Poll Results: Where or how will you buy your Sprint Palm Pre?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint store

63 46.32%
  • A third party store like Best Buy

14 10.29%
  • Sprint Website

37 27.21%
  • Palm Website

7 5.15%
  • An auction site like eBay

2 1.47%
  • Joe's Garage

1 0.74%
  • Other

12 8.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Even if you don't get one (or more) the first day it's released, how will you get yours?

I hate standing in lines, and hate getting up early even more, but I know that doesn't bother a lot of people. In my limited experience, I've found the Sprint website to involve the least hassle, as you get the discounts with the least complications, there's no crowds, but you do have to suffer the wait for the delivery. And since this is a Sprint exclusive for now, you'll have to end up there at some point anyways.
    I'm still unsure. I want it on day 1. I don't know if telesales is going to allow Premier customers to get it first or not.
    I will be waiting till my contract ends in august and then I will probably order via the internet as I doubt I will feel like driving an hour there and back to pick up a phone.
    well i guess if you're a preferred customer u can go one day before it officially becomes available to the public.... the same thing happenned to me when the instinct came out.
    I will get it through the Sprint website, since it's the only way I can be able to use my corporate discount. I would love to get it on day one, but I'm gonna have to wait until it ships to me.
    Sprint store, day one, three miles away.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    when you guys get yours, how do you plan on activating. been two years since i've got a new phone. last time i called up to do it and i guess it was fine. was wondering if anybody ever did it online and how that work..?
    I will probably have to try and find one from a store.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Registered with sprit/palm and strategic telecom...I would prefer to walk into corproate store, but will take the path of least resistance when D-Day (PRE-DAY?) finally arrives ( whichever of the above that might be)
    Im going to put it on my sprint bill, after i complain about my instink and how it keeps eating memory cards, and turns off on its own, and get a credit for most of the balance of the phone.

so i chose "other"
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Well, I really want to buy it on day 1, but I'm going to be signing up for Sprint and buying through the Everything Plus program, and its only done via phone or web. Wish there was a way around this!
    I have no idea but I will get it one day or another on day numero uno.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'll get it at the Store my buddy works at. Hopefully he can stash one aside for me should there be lines, or....hopefully he'll be able to order one ASAP in case the store isn't scheduled to get a shipment in early on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I will get it through the Sprint website, since it's the only way I can be able to use my corporate discount. I would love to get it on day one, but I'm gonna have to wait until it ships to me.
    I'm on the same boat as you. But hey - having that package delivered is sweet knowing you didn't have to wait in line for it and we got to use our corp discounts!
    Gonna pay retail at a Sprint Store (since I bought the 800W last year). Thank god i'll be in Manhattan where there are plenty of Sprint stores around (including one that's three blocks from my job).

Also going to hope the store rep will simply do an ESN swap and not touch my SERO plan. We'll see.

If that works, gonna hit up another sprint store in the evening and get my wife one on her SERO plan. Hopefully will have the same success. She is eligable for an upgrade.
    Will check the current SERO site and hope (crossed fingers) its on there come release day.
    depends on the availability... it has been talks about Premier customers getting first dibs, i know that is a rumor, I would prefer to get it @ BB so i don't have to worry about the rebate, plus I'll have 90 days to pay for it....
    sprint telephone sales
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Sprint Store on day 1, and I'll probably just let the techs instore activate it for me, that's what they did with my 755p. I'll probably skip the ReadyNow treatment, partially to help keep the place from becoming a potential zoo on launch day, and partially because I want to figure all the fun stuff out on my own
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Sprint Store on day 1, and I'll probably just let the techs instore activate it for me, that's what they did with my 755p. I'll probably skip the ReadyNow treatment, partially to help keep the place from becoming a potential zoo on launch day, and partially because I want to figure all the fun stuff out on my own
    yeah, i think thats my plan.

anybody whose done big sprint releases in nyc before have a manhattan sprint store they think is better than other?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast