Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Live chat from: http://palmpre.sprintshops.com/default.aspx

JR:
    Welcome to the Palm Pre pre-release site! If you have any questions, or want to get added onto the waiting list, feel free to ask!
    Piet:
    Hello.
    JR:
    hello
    Piet:
    Will I be able to activate a Palm Pre on a SERO Fair & Flexible 500 plan which includes unlimited data?
    JR:
    yes...but the purchase price on SERO is unknown...we won't be able to touch SERO accounts when the phone comes out
    Piet:
    What do you mean the purchase price is unknown? As in, you don't know if you can apply an upgrade discount with the phone?
    JR:
    correct
    JR:
    the phones inventory is leading me to believe that the discounts will be a little restricted
    Piet:
    Haha yes, I'm assumed as much...
    Piet:
    I've**
    Piet:
    But do you know this for a fact? With the route Sprint went with the Instinct I was afraid the new trend would be requiring a Simply Everything plan for ALL future smartphones.
    JR:
    correct
    JR:
    thats what i think, too
    Piet:
    But, if I buy the Pre at retail price, there's really no way they could deny my activation on my SERO.. or am I incorrect on assuming this?
    JR:
    i would assume you are right about that
    JR:
    but the demand of this phone is going to allow sprint to dictate what they want you to do
    Piet:
    The hype now certainly seems to suggest that, however I could see Sprint making a huge mistake by requiring a S.E. plan... as evidenced by the Instinct.
    JR:
    true, but people will switch to sprint just to get the Pre, thats the thing. This is the first phone Sprint has had (since the first TREO) that is like that...they are going to have to figure out a way to maximize getting new customer
    JR:
    s
    Piet:
    And through maximizing the amount of new customers Sprint could easily leave their old, loyal customers in the dust.
    JR:
    they could...that's why I think they have to wisely choose how they handle upgrades
    Piet:
    Basically, I'm a SERO subscriber whos 2-years just ended and I'm holding off until I get solid word regarding the Pre's eligibility for my account. Which leads me to my second question, do you have any information on a release date?
    JR:
    Sprint hasn't announced a date, but I am thinking the May 17th date is valid
    JR:
    We are getting ready to sell the phones with this assumption
    Piet:
    "We" being you and other CSR's?
    JR:
    correct...I actually do all the marketing for this site thru twitter, forums, etc.
    JR:
    I am going to be "order ready" on 4/30

Aaaand the rest is not important. I don't know what to think, I'm a bit skeptical... he seemed to contradict himself towards the beginning.

I'm assuming this is just his speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Wow. The only thing that could be worse than participating in a customer service chat - reading one.
    jha ! very funny. Still , TY to OP for the post.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    This ISN'T even a Sprint CSR!!! This is some third-party retailer! HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  4. joelpalm
    Yeah this is totally not sprint, only a franchisee. Geez.
    I liked seeing it. We're at yet another draught for info.

So this is much appreciated by the Goat. : ). Thanks OP. It gives me insight that even businesses are starting to count on May 17th.

Excuse some of our forum members who'd rather debate on SERO and MicroSD slots until the cows come home rather than hearing anything else related.
    This is so lame...
    ^--- the cow just came home Yea, Who knows whats going to happen with SERO. This "CSR" conversation was not anymore useful than a conversation between forum members. That guy obviously knows exactly as much as us and by the sound of it, probably reads the same forums.
    Merovinigian had perfect timing, fit right in with the Goats comment!
    Haw! It actually made me laugh even though I am trying to keep things friendly.
    We need more farm animals on this forum. We need more cowbell!
    We already have a couple of cars, a Goat, a Cow,....what else we need? Well, either way...off topic.

This lack of new info truly is starting to suck again!
    I'm still a believer in May 10th - 17th.

I want it naaaooooow!
    I'm still crossing my fingers for April 30th - May 17th! HAHAHAHA long shot but oh well at this point - no one seems to know the right day anyways. Everything is speculation so might as well pick a date and wish.
    April 30th would be super perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    April 30th would be super perfect.
    Tomorrow would be perfect. Only problem is, nobody outside of those already following the Pre would know it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Tomorrow would be perfect. Only problem is, nobody outside of those already following the Pre would know it.
    Makes for short lines!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Makes for short lines!
    Good point.
    *hopes for tomorrow*
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    i think we need an elephant
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I actually think we need a Mustang driver in here. I represent GM, what's his complicated name with the SRT8 represents Chrysler, so we need a Ford still!

That's all I have to contribute.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    when I talked with JR yesterday on Sprintshops, he said they were going to sell the phone at least $100 cheaper than what Sprint will offer the phone at.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast