Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That's like chosing between the smart ugly girl, and the smart hot girl. Does that make the iPhone the dumb hot girl then?
    Just get another phone off eBay if you really want another
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    We sure are being antagonistic in here lately. Must be the lack of exciting news at the moment.
    Such the diplomat you are Pedro - your foreign policy experience is impressive

Yeah it's definitely the lack of exciting news. I think it's getting to everyone - but we're just soo close. Every day that passes is another red X on the calendar closer to Pre-Day.
    I want this phone but i also want a winch for my jeep. i was gonna get this first so i can see how much $ i have left for the winch but looks like my priority is shifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    I want this phone but i also want a winch for my jeep. i was gonna get this first so i can see how much $ i have left for the winch but looks like my priority is shifting.
    I'd get the winch. You'll need it to escape the Dilophosaurus.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Thanks cary. I've been doing Goat to People relations for a long time now. Even my college degree has a lot to do with smoothing over people. Plus, I'm a generally friendly guy unless you are being unnecessarily mean to others yourself.
    Thanks cary. I've been doing Goat to People relations for a long time now. Even my college degree has a lot to do with smoothing over people. Plus, I'm a generally friendly guy unless you are being unnecessarily mean to others yourself.
    Isn't the Goat part alcoholic beverage distributor part psychologist too?

I need girl advice! LOL
    I have an 8330 and I can't wait for the Pre. The 8330 is my best device ever but it is so 2007.

Great:
    - keyboard
    - reliable, quick email delivery
    - some useful apps
    - GPS

Not bad:
    - all other PIM apps (basic but decent)
    - trackball makes the most of the OLD UI and OS
    - size

Not good:
    - the very dated OS
    - memory leaks on ever version of 4.2, 4.3 and 4.5 I have run. This sucks actually
    - screen size is too small
    - no touch separates you from the device (though the trackball helps a lot)
    - lack of games
    - multimedia is so-so
    - Browser is marginally better than Blazer. I use Bolt most of the time.

I could go on but I think the Pre is going to knock the socks off the 8330.

Better:
    - screen
    - Multimedia
    - user interface overall and in very application
    - calendar
    - Email application: I love the inbox views
    - Threaded SMS, Texting
    - over the air rom updates
    - web web web
    - potential for some cool apps
    - small size of device
    - ability to multitask easily (BB does some but not as easy to.manage)

Probably not better:
    - Keyboard
    - compatability with Notes and Groupwise

I have to agree, hold out for the Pre. The 8330 is more than a year old (Curve was intro'ed 2 years ago) and the OS is very stale.

Seriously, 1 to 2 months is nothing to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    I'd get the winch. You'll need it to escape the Dilophosaurus.
    hahaha good point!!

Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    <Snip>the OS is very stale.

Seriously, 1 to 2 months is nothing to wait.
    Palm OS is 13 years old so it is just as stale, if not even more boring. I hope webOS spices things up a bit.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Isn't the Goat part alcoholic beverage distributor part psychologist too?

I need girl advice! LOL
    Always here for all of it. I know more intimate details about people's lives from being a bartender than I would ever care to know.

Especially in a town like this...
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    You really should wait. The Pre, when it is finally released, will certainly be wonderful. Nobody has ever made a smartphone like this because they simply didn't know how to until now. That's why all existing smartphone suck and nobody ever buys them.

The shape of the Pre was inspired by a river rock so you will probably love holding it. Then they realized that you need to combine your Facebook and everything else into one place. Then they got the idea that you should charge it like a toothbrush for only $70. Then they are going to help you zap all of your contacts into there (except for Palm Desktop - who uses that anyway?).

The best thing about it, though, is that you can flip through different apps like cards. Nobody else has been able to achieve this except TealInfo so you know it's pretty darn special. Have you seen the video of people flicking the cards up so that they disapper? It's stupendous - not a gimmick - it really happens.

The best part is that it'll be just as good as an iPhone, eventually, but it'll be like something especially made for you that nobody else has.
    This whole post dang near creeps me out.

I hope you're not in sales.

It is all true... And amazing at that. It just doesn't sound right to the Goat.

What do I know though? Stupid Goat...

Was it sarcasm that I just didn't happen to pick up on?
    Last edited by PedroTheGoat; 04/22/2009 at 12:14 AM.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-

If you're referring to yourself in a 3rd or 4th person manner, you better go get that checked out.

Good post none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If you're referring to yourself in a 3rd or 4th person manner, you better go get that checked out.

Good post none the less.
    I think we all need help at this point

Maybe some Palm therapy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.

Maybe you missed the sarcasm in the post. I totally disagree with Untidyguy, but he was mocking fanboys. Just not doing a very good job of it.
    I hear nothing but bad stuff about the Nextel berry.
    Like What?

Also, its the 8350i, not the 8330i.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    ...and 1 more Pre for all of us!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Palm OS is 13 years old so it is just as stale, if not even more boring. I hope webOS spices things up a bit.
    Wow, no fair picking on Palm OS. First of all, Palm OS has nothing to do with WebOS, except that they are generated by the same people. So it shouldn't even enter into a conversation about the Pre vs a BB.

Secondly, the Palm OS, despite its bland appearance, is easier to use than a BB by far, in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that when the BB servers go down, you can still get your work email pushed to your device. If anything, the fact that it is still around after so long is a testament to the genius of the original work. Yeah, an update was overdue, but we all know how Palm lost control of the OS.

Thus, WebOS will do considerably more than "spice things up a bit." It's a whole different ball game.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12