1.    #1  
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Beautiful, more and more Pre.

It's gotta' be soon.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    yippee!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    I think they need to focus more on the Pre than the network. Show what the Pre can do and all thats the selling point. I think. Luv the commercial though just need more Pre please.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    It looks like they know what they're doing. The first commercials were about the plans, these are about the network, the next should be about the phone itself. Definitely trying to change their image for the better.
  6.    #6  
    There's a variation on this Conference call commercial titled " ."
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Commo View Post
    It looks like they know what they're doing. The first commercials were about the plans, these are about the network, the next should be about the phone itself. Definitely trying to change their image for the better.
    Not sure I agree. I think this is just more of the same "all this stuff is happening on the now network". It's good, and nice to see the Pre at the end, but I sure would like to see them name the Pre and show it doing some of these now network things.

I wonder if closer to launch they are going to have a commercial along the lines of "you know that phone we keep showing at the end of our commercials? It's called the Palm Pre, and it's the perfect phone to use on the now network. You can get it for $xxx on x/xxth at your local Sprint store."
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I like the direction they're going. They're letting people know that all those things the iPhone can do, like looking up a restaurant or twittering, can be done on a Sprint phone (like the cool looking one at the end). This particular commercial is more business oriented because it mentions conference calling and direct connect.

Then each commercial ends by drilling it in our heads that Sprint has the first 4G network and showing us a cool touchscreen phone with a slide out keyboard.

They're establishing an edgy, snappy, polished perception of what the Sprint network can do, breaking the perception that these things can only be done with an iPhone, and setting us up for some things we never even considered.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I love the "briefcase on the roof" clip and statistic.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    There's a variation on this Conference call commercial titled " ."
    Isn't it supposed to be Reply To All, instead of Reply All?
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be Reply To All, instead of Reply All?
    It varies. Gmail says "Reply to all," while Apple Mail says "Reply All."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitedzero View Post
    I think they need to focus more on the Pre than the network. Show what the Pre can do and all thats the selling point. I think. Luv the commercial though just need more Pre please.
    This isn't for the Pre. All they're doing is showing the face, with no name or anything.. to capture peoples curiosity so they can wonder WTF is this thing?? And then, in a few days/weeks, they will drop the bomb on the public advertising the phone with names, functions, features, etc
    Outside of members on this forum, national opinion of Sprint isn't great. Right now they need to sell people on the service so they can sell people on the product.

Verizon does this with their 'network is always with you' commercials. People usually buy phones based on carrier and not the other way around.

If ATT didn't have ridiculous iPhone plans, they're consumer base could easily double.
    Until Sprint hires competent customer service reps, and supervisors who actually give a rat's and/or know how to take care of an issue, nothing will change. The Pre could be the perfect phone for the next 10 years, and Sprint's network will find a way to inadvertently cripple it.

They have finally agreed that I can't do a prl update OTA from any location. Up until my visit to two large markets this past week, they absolutely guaranteed me, that the OTA update would work as long as I went to a different (non home) coverage area. Now they guarantee that if I go to a Sprint repair center in another market (?!) since our local one can't do it, that they can update my PRL over the wire.

Any customer service department with sense would have found a spare phone, updated the prl, and sent it to me as a replacement.

Instead, I no longer care about the Pre - I just want to leave Sprint altogether.
    Alli, where did this happen? Do you live in the wilderness? And out of curiousity, what phone?

My last experience with Sprint customer service was almost a year ago and it was very good. Much improved from the days when they would hang up on me. My last experience was in the NY area where I think the customer base tends to keep customer service reps sharp.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I'd recommend a quick email to Sprint ecare. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    I have to say, I really like these new commercials
    I like the new commercials, but this is the third one with a variation on the same thing and the same exact type of Pre teaser at the end. It's getting old quick. The general public has no clue what the hell the phone is at the end of all these commercials and they're doing zero to let people know what it is and give them a chance to get excited or even curious about it. The first one or two I'd be anticipating more info on this new unknown phone. Now it's just "well what freakin' phone is this already? I've seen it in three commercials now but have no clue what it is."
    It just puts it in the boat of us dying for release info and such.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    These ARE great commercials for Sprint's service - but I still think that the "Meet Pre" videos in Palm's website would be great to show as commercials to promote the phone itself. They can even just edit the end - instead of having it fade out, they could put "only on the Now network" or something to that effect. Whoever thought of those "Meet Pre" vids for Palm did a great job.

Alli - I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience with Sprint. Have you thought of direct messaging them on Twitter?