Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Currently I have verizon. However my plan ends the end of this month. Now we all know that the pre will not be realsed by then. My question is if I am going to switch to sprint for the pre does sprint have a month by month plan so when the pre does come out I can purchases the plan I need and get the discounted price on the phone? If not suggestions on whats best to do till then. My cell phone is my only phone.
    I do believe that after your contract expires you can continue paying the same rate, you're just free from the early termination fee now. For the sake of simplicity, I'd stay with Verizon until the Pre comes out (you're only looking at one month of off-contract by now) and then grab one of Sprint's everything plans and get the Pre with its big happy new contract discount.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Can I haz English?

My head hurts trying to understand....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Okidoke.

From my knowledge and experience, most cell phone contracts are for two years. During that contract period, if you want to cancel you have to pay an early termination fee. After the two year period, you generally can continue on that same rate/plan without the limitations of the contract (namely, termination fees) and cancel at your leisure.

For the sake of making the transition easy and fee of dealing with getting a new phone in the middle of your contract, stick with the Verizon plan until the Pre comes out. That means that you'll simply pay one more month on Verizon with your old phone before switching to the Pre at your pleasure while still getting the new contract price (presumably on one of Sprint's various "Everything" plans).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Oh ok. Did not know that. This helps. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrownfan View Post
    Oh ok. Did not know that. This helps. Thanks!
    I would still call Verizon customer support to be perfectly sure.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Can I haz English?

My head hurts trying to understand....
    That was English. What do you not understand?
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    +1
    I am also leaving verizon for the PRE, even if VZW had it i would prolly switch for teh Simply Everything plan....i have been with vzw for 7 years and am a die hard blackberry user.....fyi
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    If that was English, it's no wonder we're ranked so low among industrialized nations when it comes to education.

And, yes... that was sarcasm. I ask you to read it again. Please refer to ANY sentence in the entirety of the original post that could be considered proper English.

As for the OP, wait until the Pre comes out to switch carriers. The naive, young salesperson may say, "Sure, we can do that... no problem.", but it will be a headache in the long run. I recommend waiting for the release.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    If that was English, it's no wonder we're ranked so low among industrialized nations when it comes to education.

And, yes... that was sarcasm. I ask you to read it again. Please refer to ANY sentence in the entirety of the original post that could be considered proper English.

As for the OP, wait until the Pre comes out to switch carriers. The naive, young salesperson may say, "Sure, we can do that... no problem.", but it will be a headache in the long run. I recommend waiting for the release.
    I'm not one to argue but being a high school student I can tell you that every English teacher I have ever had has told me that "And should never be used at the beginning of a sentence, Its improper gramer to do so." Not to mention that this is a forum and people don't always use full sentences in forums. Its not a research paper.

Not everyone's first language is English.
    I'm not saying the OP first language isn't English, but your remark is usually the kind that is made by people who are quick to assume that everyone on the internet speaks English & is from the US.

If thats the case, you just proved it with your run-on sentences and poor grammer. If you are going to correct others, make sure yours is perfect which it AIN'T! This is a forum, people write the way the speak and quit assuming everyone is from the US. Thats why they call it World Wide Web, not USA Web. How typical...
    As an English teacher I'm going to ignore most of this thread...and go back to the topic.

My recommendation: wait until the Pre is released on any other network. Remember that Sprint will only have the exclusive until the end of 09. Sprint deserves its reputation, and does not deserve new customers due to a single device that you will be able to use on other networks within 6 months of its eventual release on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    As an English teacher I'm going to ignore most of this thread...and go back to the topic.

My recommendation: wait until the Pre is released on any other network. Remember that Sprint will only have the exclusive until the end of 09. Sprint deserves its reputation, and does not deserve new customers due to a single device that you will be able to use on other networks within 6 months of its eventual release on Sprint.
    As a Sprint customer I can say, do not listen to the post above. My service has been fine for the past 8 years. In fact I have refused the temptation to get an iPhone becasue of the poor GSM service in my area. I am not sure what reputation is being referred to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Equals hXc View Post
    I'm not one to argue but being a high school student I can tell you that every English teacher I have ever had has told me that "And should never be used at the beginning of a sentence, Its improper gramer to do so." Not to mention that this is a forum and people don't always use full sentences in forums. Its not a research paper.
    Well, your English teachers are flat out wrong. Or, at best, overly simplistic. English teachers should strongly discourage beginning a sentance with "and," but only because teenagers tend to start almost every sentence with "And." But it is NOT grammatically incorrect. And it can be very effective when used correctly.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roturn View Post
    As a Sprint customer I can say, do not listen to the post above. My service has been fine for the past 8 years. In fact I have refused the temptation to get an iPhone becasue of the poor GSM service in my area. I am not sure what reputation is being referred to.
    Agreed. Never had a coverage issue and although I rarely call CS, I have never had a bad experience with them either. I think their reputation may have been earned previously, but if you want cheap plans and a great network, Sprint is a good option. Of course coverage varies depending on your location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post

Well, I think you should stick to teaching English, and not lecturing about customer service. Unless, of course, you've done research on the subject, or had phones on all networks in the last year. Customer survey's show Sprint's CS has improved dramatically. It's pretty much at the level of the other major carriers, now. And I've found it to be quite good over the last year.
    Bob Meyer
    Quote Originally Posted by roturn View Post
    I concur (though substitute the 8 with a 5).
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Please refer to ANY sentence in the entirety of the original post that could be considered proper English.
    "My cell phone is my only phone."
    Bob Meyer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast