Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    My case is being handled by VIP customer relations. Not sure if there's anywhere left to escalate things.
    Which pretty much answers the question as to whether or not you asked. Everyone has a boss...
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    The situation is improving, though there will always be cases of problems. These will tend to be magnified, particularly in light of past reputations. As we have seen a lot on these boards, and others, the past negative press has definitely tarnished the image of Sprint. Plus the years of negative press have a sticky effect as well, any search for Sprint customer satisfaction will innevitably carry the results of its dark years. Even as things do improve, you are more likely to see articles about individual problems with customer service as opposed to raves about improved service. It is the nature of the beast. Those who have the strongest opinions are most likely to write, and generally pissed off people are more inclined to write than those satisfied (probably because they are too busy enjoying the experience).

Ultimately, the decision needs to be based on your own set of values and what matters most. Essentially people need to rank how they value new hardware (the pre), pricing, coverage, customer service, etc... And all of these factors will impact your experience. We are seeing a lot of complaints from ATT customers, for example, about bad service from people who valued hardware above all.

There will always be some problem. If the Pre and Sprint meet your needs then great. If they don't then wait and see what happens later. I have had fantastic service with sprint, but as is always the case, your mileage may vary. I think it is hard to give a single answer for everyone making this decision. Go in with an open mind, get the information that matters most to you, read it carefully and make the decision you think will be best for your situation.
    Well put!

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quick question to those who have ported their numbers recently. When porting numbers first became available 6-7 years ago I ported my number to T-mobile. It literally took 5 weeks, and even then it didn't work. I found myself with two phones that didn't work and I had to just get a new number because I was without cell service for a few days. Anyway, I am sure the system is better now, but how long does it take these days to have it ported?
    When I ported to Sprint from t-Mo 4 years ago it took an hour. When a friend ported (same direction) a year ago, it took about 20 minutes.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    When I ported to Sprint from t-Mo 4 years ago it took an hour. When a friend ported (same direction) a year ago, it took about 20 minutes.
    If that's the case then this should be painless. Nothing like I experienced before. Thanks for the reply.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123