Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I used to have Sprint about 5 years ago. I got rid of it because I lived in a community that restricted the amount of cell towers and Sprint wasn't one of the companies that had a tower there. I switched to T-Mobile, but have since moved. Sprint works great where I live now and once I saw the Pre I knew I was switching back.
    Don't get me wrong - Sprint's coverage is absolutely the best. But their people skills still remain at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Don't get me wrong - Sprint's coverage is absolutely the best. But their people skills still remain at the bottom.
    Thanks for your opinion...

Do you still use Sprint? And how often do you really talk to customer service? If you haven't noticed, all company's customer service is "less than spectactular."

I judge my service on:

1. Quality of service. Can I make phone calls? Do all of my features work?
    2. Cost - $100 for unlimited everything is a great deal.
    3. Customer Service (technical) - Which by the way, they have helped me fix both problems I have had this past calendar year.
    4. Customer Service (Admin) - This is a weak spot, but seems to be improving. Just pay your bill on time and they seem to want to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by roturn View Post

Do you still use Sprint? And how often do you really talk to customer service? If you haven't noticed, all company's customer service is "less than spectactular."

I judge my service on:

3. Customer Service (technical) - Which by the way, they have helped me fix both problems I have had this past calendar year.
    4. Customer Service (Admin) - This is a weak spot, but seems to be improving. Just pay your bill on time and they seem to want to help you.
    I agree. Last night I was checking out the plans for the iPhone, since a family member needs a phone. After reviewing all the information, you absolutely cannot beat the simply everything plan, and if the PRPRPR $can$ $live$ $up$ $to$ $the$ $hype$ $it$ $will$ $give$ $the$ $iPhone$ $a$ $real$ $challenge$. $The$ $app$ $store$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $key$ $here$.

Additionally, Customer Service has improved vastly, the few times i've had to call sprint they've been spot on.
    You haven't called them lately, then.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roturn View Post

I judge my service on:

+1
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wahhaj View Post
    Additionally, Customer Service has improved vastly, the few times i've had to call sprint they've been spot on.
    You haven't called them lately, then.
    I think sometimes folks forget, Sprint's a big company, and has lots of employees. I called to get informaton on the Premier service, and the Everything Plans. My first CS person spoke "ebonics" (sorry if that's offensive, but it's simply the truth) to the extent that she was barely intelligible. Every question I asked, she had to "go check". Finally, on the last question when I stated that my length of service and bill rate qualified me as a Premier customer, and yes I understand it's supposed to be "automatic", but I wasn't on it, can you correct that, she "went to check", and put me back in the original queue.

Had I hung up then, I'd have said maybe a .5 out of a 10 (that' POINT 5, half of 1) on Customer Service.

However, the next lady that got me explained everything to me, including some information on why the Pre wasn't released last month, and that it "looks to be released very soon". She's getting one herself. She went over all of the differences in the Everything Plans, and said she honestly did not know if I'd be required to switch from Family and Friends, but pointed out the advantages (features) if I did, while noting the disadvantes (more $$, but not much more).

So, on her, I'd say a 9 out of 10 on CS.

Overall, both experiences together come out about average. I wasn't surprised.

I think folks on here judge the entire CS experience with Sprint on single negative incidents, while ignoring the positive ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think sometimes folks forget, Sprint's a big company, and has lots of employees.

I think folks on here judge the entire CS experience with Sprint on single negative incidents, while ignoring the positive ones.
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I
    It's called human nature. A negative CS experiance is always going to attract more notice than a positive one. Its much easier to destry a reputation than it is to repair one (just ask GM).
    As an English teacher I'm going to ignore most of this thread...and go back to the topic.

My recommendation: wait until the Pre is released on any other network. Remember that Sprint will only have the exclusive until the end of 09. Sprint deserves its reputation, and does not deserve new customers due to a single device that you will be able to use on other networks within 6 months of its eventual release on Sprint.
    Never had a problem with Sprint.

T-Mobile, on the other hand....
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I'm currently on Sprint. The Palm Pre is the only reason I'm staying on Sprint. Despite their reports of improved customer service, I haven't seen it happen yet.
    I guess I haven't talked to anyone in Sprint CS recently. It's been a whole 24 hours since my last interaction with them.

At which point I was told that if I needed a repair I could travel a few hours to another city to an authorized repair center. Say what?

This was after being assured my issue (non updating prl) would mystically clear up as soon as I roamed into a major market. So I roamed into two this past week, and guess what? The original engineer who said it couldn't be done was right, and the 5 subsequent reps/techs/agents who disagreed with that analysis were wrong.

I have a Treo 800w issue. I know it, you know it, Sprint knows it. They are unwilling to do anything about it. My suggestion to them was to find a replacement Treo 800w (I know they have plenty), update the prl, and send it to me. (They have already sent me one with the same ancient prl that won't update.) Their response - Customer Service doesn't do that. I'm trying to figure out just what it is that customer service does do, other than find the store 2.5 hours up the road that can fix my prl.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Can I haz English?

My head hurts trying to understand....
    Go see a neurologist.
    Their response - Customer Service doesn't do that. I'm trying to figure out just what it is that customer service does do, other than find the store 2.5 hours up the road that can fix my prl.
    Did you ask to speak to a supervisor? That'd be my next step.
    My case is being handled by VIP customer relations. Not sure if there's anywhere left to escalate things.
    My case is being handled by VIP customer relations. Not sure if there's anywhere left to escalate things.
    Move out of the boondocks...that way you won't live in the middle of nowhere and have no reception or a place to get serviced.
    Maybe you can file your complaint to The Consumerist. They can probably escalate the issue a bit more.
    I think that is the consensus.
    Quote Originally Posted by makmlaf View Post
    I'm currently on Sprint. The Palm Pre is the only reason I'm staying on Sprint. Despite their reports of improved customer service, I haven't seen it happen yet.
    It is clear they have made a few improvements but there are still serious problems
    The situation is improving, though there will always be cases of problems. These will tend to be magnified, particularly in light of past reputations. As we have seen a lot on these boards, and others, the past negative press has definitely tarnished the image of Sprint. Plus the years of negative press have a sticky effect as well, any search for Sprint customer satisfaction will innevitably carry the results of its dark years. Even as things do improve, you are more likely to see articles about individual problems with customer service as opposed to raves about improved service. It is the nature of the beast. Those who have the strongest opinions are most likely to write, and generally pissed off people are more inclined to write than those satisfied (probably because they are too busy enjoying the experience).

Ultimately, the decision needs to be based on your own set of values and what matters most. Essentially people need to rank how they value new hardware (the pre), pricing, coverage, customer service, etc... And all of these factors will impact your experience. We are seeing a lot of complaints from ATT customers, for example, about bad service from people who valued hardware above all.

There will always be some problem. If the Pre and Sprint meet your needs then great. If they don't then wait and see what happens later. I have had fantastic service with sprint, but as is always the case, your mileage may vary. I think it is hard to give a single answer for everyone making this decision. Go in with an open mind, get the information that matters most to you, read it carefully and make the decision you think will be best for your situation.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast