Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who among you remains undecided about buying the Pre?

Which of you waffles between being confident about the Pre and deciding that it might not be right for you?

If not you, do you know of anyone who IS still undecided?
    --------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I fall into the second category. I'm dying to have a more consistent and robust web-browsing experience (which I hope the Pre will offer) but between the things I don't know and some things I do (like "Classic" lacking gps or Bluetooth access and the absence of Kinoma) I think getting the Pre at launch would be premature. For me.

Luckily, my lady seems quite likely to get the Pre immediately, so I'll be able to play with hers and see if it's right for me.

So, who's still on the fence? Why?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I'm not on the fence. I definitely want the Pre. I am just sick of all the "hush hush" that seems to be going on with Sprint/Palm.

Also...I want waffles now. =P
    Too many unknowns to really know. But let's put it this way. I've not seen anything to totally discourage me and likely won't know til its in my hand. I'll definitely buy it and try it out since the OP asked whether we'll buy it or not.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I'm not on the fence. I definitely want the Pre. I am just sick of all the "hush hush" that seems to be going on with Sprint/Palm.

Also...I want waffles now. =P
    I want one and I will buy one. This is the first time I've considered the midnight release for anything, and I don't even know that there will be such a thing.

Dammit, now I want waffles too.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I still majorly want a Pre, but the more we continue to wait for info, the more I keep thinking about getting an iPhone instead. In terms of hardware and WebOS, the Pre definitely comes out on top, but I'm having doubts over whether it'll ever be able to touch the iPhone when it comes to the app store. Apple has so much support and the store is so mature now, that it's hard to overlook.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PikkonX View Post
    I still majorly want a Pre, but the more we continue to wait for info, the more I keep thinking about getting an iPhone instead. Hardware-wise, the Pre definitely comes out on top, but I'm having doubts over whether it'll ever be able to touch the iPhone when it comes to the app store. Apple has so much support and the store is so mature now, that it's hard to overlook.
    Maybe it's because I'm no iPhone user, but I've never seen an app or an ad for an app (for the iPhone) that I've ever wanted to spend money on.
    I'm on the fence. I'm still wondering what functionality the Pre would give that the Touch Pro 2 wouldn't. Luckily, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until next January, so there's plenty of time to decide.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm no iPhone user, but I've never seen an app or an ad for an app (for the iPhone) that I've ever wanted to spend money on.
    I took a look through the app store the other day and found tons of free and .99 apps that I would love to have. Then there are emulators and stuff that can run on the phone once jailbroken, that would get much use from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm on the fence. I'm still wondering what functionality the Pre would give that the Touch Pro 2 wouldn't. Luckily, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until next January, so there's plenty of time to decide.
    Capacitive screen, webkit browser, form factor, different OS & ease of use.

If you're concerned about power usage and all the different things it can do, your Touch Pro will win every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If you're concerned about power usage and all the different things it can do, your Touch Pro will win every time.
    For now. We'll have to wait and see what kind of functionality the Pre gains through the *fingers crossed* explosion in third party apps that will follow its release.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I only know one other person in my immediate circle of friends who is interested in the Palm Pre. He is, in fact, on the fence. He's not sure if he wants to shell out a couple hundred bucks for a phone he might not use to its full potential. He's heard a lot about the synergy feature, but doesn't think he'll be using it much because he doesn't need calendars in his every day life. Basically, I think he feels the Pre might be too business oriented rather than consumer. I say it's both!

Anyway, I personally made up my mind when I saw it unveiled at CES on the FOX Business Network. After hearing Roger McNamee gushing about how wonderful it is, I became interested and found all of the main Pre info sites and have decided that yes I want this phone!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    I want one, and one will be given to me.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    no fence here
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I will buy one for the wife since it will be a big improvement over the Centro for her, and I'll get a chance to play with it and see if I really like it
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Not for me at this point.
    The interest has gone.
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I would love to test it at a sprint store.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    On the fence here. I want to see what the early development access produces by the time of launch to see how legitimate their app store may be. I want to hold the phone in hand, see how it feels, look at the screen compared to the beautiful iphone screen, and test out the keyboard.

Right now, I'm definitely changing from my Touch Diamond...whether it'll be a Pre or an iPhone I'm unsure, though currently leaning towards Pre.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I to have been following since CES and am sure I will end up with one in my pocket. My 650 and 755p have both served me well for years, and I have no desire to have anything from the competition.
    What they say about death and taxes.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast