Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    If your 650 does die on you, can't you just buy a 680 or Centro (aka 690).
    Of-course, but these things cost money, and at this stage, the money could otherwise go into the Pre (GSM) fund. I'm sure the Pre (GSM) is going to cost an arm and a leg in India. The Treo Pro costs 45,000 INR (900 USD, can you believe that? And people say India is a "poor" country).
    Still straddling that fence here. Some type of desktop (i.e., non-cloud) sync for memos, tasks and calendar is a must for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I am planning on buying one for my wife and see how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Of-course, but these things cost money, and at this stage, the money could otherwise go into the Pre (GSM) fund. I'm sure the Pre (GSM) is going to cost an arm and a leg in India. The Treo Pro costs 45,000 INR (900 USD, can you believe that? And people say India is a "poor" country).
    That's probably the Indian governments fault. Import duties are pretty high in India from what I recall. Do you know any Indian expats based in the US that come home to visit?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    That's probably the Indian governments fault. Import duties are pretty high in India from what I recall.
    Nope, not in this case, there is NO import duty on mobile phones. Amazing.

Even for most other personal items the import duty is quiet less (average of 15%). But cars are a different thing (100%-150% I think)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234