Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't think I want one. I NEED one. Oh and I want fried chicken and waffles.
    I am getting it...my niece works at Sprint and I will have one the day they are released
    I will be a "follower" for a while. I need to see it first and then I'll wait for at least a month before I get it. I just got a Touch Pro and I am liking it pretty good. But I am also one that loves the iPhone every time I see it (just don't like ATT) and I am looking forward to seeing the Touch Pro 2 and the Diamond 2. I find no phone to be perfect and I can adapt to any platform - I have tried them all.
    I'm not getting one. I don't want to sync over the air and I don't want a WebOS.

I will, however, with a certainty, get some chicken and waffles for lunch today.
    John 3:16
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    I'm not getting one. I don't want to sync over the air and I don't want a WebOS.

I will, however, with a certainty, get some chicken and waffles for lunch today.
    Do you put Maple Syrup on everything? Yum!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Definitely getting one, just waiting on my Vzw contract to expire late July. I will be going to the Sprint store maybe 10 times a week to play with Pre in between release and my contracts expiration date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Do you put Maple Syrup on everything? Yum!
    yep yep yep!
    I guess I'm still stuck between the new iphone and the pre. It really depends on what comes to market first and what I think about it when I see the device (and the sticker price that comes with it). I just dont know how much longer I can wait for a new phone
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I would really love to get one. My 755 has been an icredibly useful tool. However, I'm not sure I can reconcile the $30-$40 a month the new plan would cost me.

I have no problem with Sprint. I've been a loyal customer for many years. If I could find a Sprint employee to help me get the $79, 1000 minute plan, I'd get the Pre in an instant.

Any Sprint employees out there that might want to help??? ;-) If so, PM me.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Really want the Pre primarily for it's multi-tasking abilities, but have an Iphone now & look forward to the video on the next iPhone. Sadly, the Pre won't have video, at least not right away & the new Iphone hardware will probably blow it out of the water anyway.

I suppose it's a matter of who is out of the gate first. I can see myself getting a Pre & then an iPod Touch though, especially if the Touch ends up getting a camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I would really love to get one. My 755 has been an icredibly useful tool. However, I'm not sure I can reconcile the $30-$40 a month the new plan would cost me.

I have no problem with Sprint. I've been a loyal customer for many years. If I could find a Sprint employee to help me get the $79, 1000 minute plan, I'd get the Pre in an instant.

Any Sprint employees out there that might want to help??? ;-) If so, PM me.
    I'm in a similar boat. The Pre will probably (I know there is disagreement about this) cost me $20 more per month in phone plan. But compared to the AT&T alternative it is a bargain.

I just got back from AT&T looking at an iPhone for my wife and I (2 phones). AT&T's is $149 for 1400 mins on family plan. $30 extra for text messaging. So $179 and that DOES NOT include connecting to my office for Exchange email. Sprint has the Everything Data Family plan w/ 1500 mins for $129 per month.

$179+ or $129 total? Huh. That's $50+ per month. That's $600+ per year. Or $1200 over the life of the contract.

If I can get on a referral plan (any help would be greatly appreciated...free lunch offers?), then I could save $20 per month over the standard family plan.

But like I told AT&T, there is absolutely no way I am paying $600 more per year to use an iPhone that will cost me $300 to buy. No way. That is insane.

So since I am on the fence between the Pre and the iPhone... the plans push me to the Pre for sure.
    I am on no fence whatsoever because i'm still rocking a 700Wx that i've been trying to upgrade for 2 years now. Tried everything from a Mogul/Touch/Q9c/Touch Pro and all were disappointing.

So the Pre is a Godsend 'cause it would have been probably Touch Pro 2 for me most likely.
    I won't be getting a Pre anytime soon. My contract with AT&T has another year to run and I don't plan to leave them anyway. I don't have an iPhone but I might get my wife one. She has an iPod touch right now. It a great media player and I love the browser. I am not so impressed with its email or traditional PDA functionality though and I hate the touch screen keyboard.

For the record, if I got my wife an iPhone, our monthly costs would climb to $135 a month including the $3.99 for the international calling plan. Our monthly minutes are 550 which is more than enough since we have almost 5000 rollover minutes. We don't text enough to need an unlimited texting plan. Buying two Sprint Pre's isn't going to cut our monthly phone bill and they aren't going to help us much in Europe.
    Put me in the "why are people so excited about a phone?" camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn View Post
    Put me in the "why are people so excited about a phone?" camp.
    Because we are sad sad individuals with nothing better going on.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Even though I'm excited about the Pre, I will be waiting on you guys to get done being the beta testers
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Because we are sad sad individuals with nothing better going on.
    Speak for yourself! I have lots of important things I should be doing instead of checking this site incessantly. Despite the fact that I know there is no news here, I still check about once every, oh, 15 minutes or so. I am an addict.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Speak for yourself! I have lots of important things I should be doing instead of checking this site incessantly. Despite the fact that I know there is no news here, I still check about once every, oh, 15 minutes or so. I am an addict.
    I didn't say 'nothing going on,' just 'nothing better going on.' Clearly, the Pre is more important than the things you're not doing.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I think I'm going to get it. However, I am lucky (or unlucky) enough to have to wait a month for my Tmobile contract to expire before I can port back over to Sprint. This is good and bad as it will give me time to read all the thorough reviews I know will be coming up everywhere when it comes up and bad because I have to wait.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Anyone happen to know if the following scenario is possible: Let's say I have a phone with Sprint and I transfer its number to another carrier. Would it be possible to stay under contract with Sprint and just get a different number for the old phone or would I be forced to cancel the account after a number transfer?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast