Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thought i would post this here as well, along with SU

LA Gossip Examiner: Angelina Jolie - Seen on the set of 'Salt' with upcoming Palm Pre

"She went on about it for about two minutes. She basically said she likes the software better than the iPhone, she likes the thumboard for texting (although the keys aren't big enough), and thinks the screen is beautiful but can be too easily scratched."

I'm disappointed in the screen being able to be scratched easily, and wow the smudges on the phone looks horrible, wear much make-up Angelina? =D

Her nails probably make it a bit harder to type on the PRE, but she doesn't seem to have long nails, assuming that picture on the site is of her holding it, but i'm looking forward to being disappointed by the phone when i get it. Also she didn't seem to be much impressed by it.
    Looks like a screen protector or the Zaggat shield is necessary!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    all jokes a side, if she can have one the why the hell dont we have one. The software is final if this broad is using one. Palm is really pissing me off.
    Because you are nobody. She's a celeb. Try to accept it
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    all jokes a side, if she can have one the why the hell dont we have one. The software is final if this broad is using one. Palm is really pissing me off.
    Palm and Sprint want to ensure that there are enough Pres in the warehouse that they don't run out on day one and can't get anymore in until day seven. That would not make for a great potential customer experience.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I wonder if a screen protector is going cover the gesture area of the phone, i'm looking forward to lots of wiping! =\
    A screen protector on a capacitive touch screen phone makes little sense to me. But i'm not too bright :P If it scratches, it scratches. I only own a phone a year or so these days.
    yeah, actors wearing makeup while shooting a movie? that almost never happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    I'm disappointed in the screen being able to be scratched easily, and wow the smudges on the phone looks horrible, wear much make-up Angelina? =D
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    What no make-up artist?! - Either she let her make-up artist have a go with the PRE or the smudges are from her daily use.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Ms. Jolie is simply expressing some concern that the screen on her Pre might end up being really scratched up way before her two year contract is finished and she is eligible for an upgrade. Also she wanted to know if she could use the Pre on her SERO plan.
    If she gets this thing before anyone else, I don't think this upgrade situation applies to her. Secondly, She's a millionaire.. thus, she could care less about subsidized pricing for anything.

Remember, this is a Celebrity, not Lil Sissy Johnson you sit behind at school trying to look up her skirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    A screen protector on a capacitive touch screen phone makes little sense to me. But i'm not too bright :P If it scratches, it scratches. I only own a phone a year or so these days.

Looks like I'm even dimmer.
    But if it scratches more easily than an iPhone that might be a very very bad point against the Pre. Unless of course there is some screen protector which is conductive.
    I use the Zagg Invisible Shield with my Treo Pro and I am very pleased with it. I don't use a case and the Treo Pro sits in my pocket without fear of scratches
    Seems that works with the iPhone so there's hope yet
    Review: invisibleSHIELD iPhone Screen Protector | The iPhone FAQ
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News

LA Gossip Examiner: Angelina Jolie - Seen on the set of 'Salt' with upcoming Palm Pre

"She went on about it for about two minutes. She basically said she likes the software better than the iPhone, she likes the thumboard for texting (although the keys aren't big enough), and thinks the screen is beautiful but can be too easily scratched."

Her nails probably make it a bit harder to type on the PRE, but she doesn't seem to have long nails, assuming that picture on the site is of her holding it, but i'm looking forward to being disappointed by the phone when i get it. Also she didn't seem to be much impressed by it.
    That picture isnt from her or the P.A its from PalmInfoCenter back in CES.
    its an old photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Maybe Palm didn't do it. Remember the two geeky guys in the other thread that had their "in the wild?" Maybe it belonged to one of them. Honestly, which of you guys (and maybe some of the gals) if you had a Pre, and she walked up and said "Nice phone, can I borrow it for a while" wouldn't give it up?

That is not a picture of Ms. Jolie's hands holding the phone. It is from one of the many VIP displays (you can see the Pre packaging in the background). Also, Ms. Jolie is not quoted in the article. The quotes are from a production assistant who talked to to the article writer. This is what one calls double hearsay. Little better than rumor. For all we know the production assistant saw Ms. Jolie with a Pro.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    She isn't going to be comparing the iphone to a PRO. =\
    First Playboy, now this. You guys are really making my job interesting this morning.

http://www.precentral.net/angelina-j...ni-reviews-pre
    I've got to say that I am very disappointed. This is the second report that I have heard about the screen scratching easily...or at least, more easily than an iPhone's screen.

I did not expect the Pre to be perfect. I was ready for all sorts of warts, but I cannot fathom how Palm thinks that such a screen is going to be acceptable. Seriously, consumers care about these issues. Doubt it? How about class action lawsuits against Apple for this very issue:

AppleInsider | iPod nano owners sue Apple over screen issues

It doesn't matter how such a suit ends up. What matters is that the issue is splashed all over the press in the interim...giving bad press to the device, delaying many from purchasing, and validating other folks' decisions not to purchase. Palm has really screwed up here IMHO. Whatever motivated this decision (cost, form factor), it was misguided.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    i wonder would this count as first sighting of the box (upper right)

The iPhone's screen is glass - it takes some doing to scratch glass. It was also easy for Apple to make the iPhone's screen glass, because the front is one flat pane. The Pre, on the other hand, not so easy to make out of glass - and thus needs to be made out of plastic - which will scratch more easily. It's a trade-off.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    i wonder would this count as first sighting of the box (upper right)

No, the box was sighted back in January: Palm's Pre boxed
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast