Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am not all that concerned about scratching it. As mentioned before, it's a capacitive screen, so you can't even use your fingernails on it. That right there minimizes the chances of the screen getting scratched due to daily use. I always put my phone into it's pouch and don't throw it into the front pocket with keys, or change, or other objects that will scratch a sceen, so I am not worried about that part either. Just don't drop it, and use your fingers...and make sure you don't have sandy fingers... and it should be fine.

Smudges are unavoidable...they wipe off, so...big whoop. Be careful and your phone will be fine. My Sprint Touch with it's plastic resistive screen has zero scratches after a years worth of use, and I do use my fingernails on it on occassion for those tiny little X's you are supposed to hit when you close something.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Wouldn't Sprint redesign the box to have all the Sprint logos and change the color to yellow? That's what they did with the Treos. Not sure though
    Not necessarily. Here's what they did with the Trēo Pro.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Because you are nobody. She's a celeb. Try to accept it
    Hey, I am the leader of the EU (Eguy Union).

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    <<Edited by Berd>>

<<Sorry - Pics could be considered sexist in an equal opportunity office environment.>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/21/2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am not all that concerned about scratching it. As mentioned before, it's a capacitive screen, so you can't even use your fingernails on it. That right there minimizes the chances of the screen getting scratched due to daily use. I always put my phone into it's pouch and don't throw it into the front pocket with keys, or change, or other objects that will scratch a sceen, so I am not worried about that part either. Just don't drop it, and use your fingers...and make sure you don't have sandy fingers... and it should be fine.

Smudges are unavoidable...they wipe off, so...big whoop. Be careful and your phone will be fine. My Sprint Touch with it's plastic resistive screen has zero scratches after a years worth of use, and I do use my fingernails on it on occassion for those tiny little X's you are supposed to hit when you close something.
    I'll need a plastic resistive screen on mine. I have a Curve and a 700wx and can tell you that the scratching on those screens from the plastics used can happen pretty quick and can be pretty distracting to me. It's unfortunate that to my knowledge Apple is really the only one that uses the glass for their screens. I guess when you're sitting on as much cash as they are they can afford to use the pricey materials and get significant pricing discounts in bulk purchasing. I'm hoping the rest of the build quality is resilient enough to survive my daily grind. Based on the descriptions, pictures and price range, I'd expect a similar build quality to the Blackberry Curve.
    I sent a message to my friend today saying "I am in love with Angelina Jolie... She has a Pre! Plus she reads Engadget and Gizmodo"

His reply: "don't forget about the body"

I have odd priorities
    Speaking of celebrities, didn't all the Oscar nominees get a Palm Pre as part of their "goody bag"?
    I am surprised there isn't more publicity. If Ms Jolie loves her Palm Pre what about the others?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I'll need a plastic resistive screen on mine. I have a Curve and a 700wx and can tell you that the scratching on those screens from the plastics used can happen pretty quick and can be pretty distracting to me. It's unfortunate that to my knowledge Apple is really the only one that uses the glass for their screens. I guess when you're sitting on as much cash as they are they can afford to use the pricey materials and get significant pricing discounts in bulk purchasing. I'm hoping the rest of the build quality is resilient enough to survive my daily grind. Based on the descriptions, pictures and price range, I'd expect a similar build quality to the Blackberry Curve.
    could be wrong, but i would think the screen is just different on the Pre than the ones we're used to on the Centro, Touch, etc where you use a stylus or nail and the screen presses in sort of.

The Pre's should be more like glass in that it's solid. Designed for a finger tip. How does a screen affect the device recognizing touches and swipes? That's concern #1. And you'll constantly wipe it for smudges, so the screen better be on it good.

No screen for me. I got 30 days to see how it holds up if its an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Speaking of celebrities, didn't all the Oscar nominees get a Palm Pre as part of their "goody bag"?
    I am surprised there isn't more publicity. If Ms Jolie loves her Palm Pre what about the others?
    No. They were given a Pre to play with at the event, it wasn't for keeps. (I guess Palm hoped their positive opinions would trickle into the mainstream).
    Hate to break it to everyone, but according to Gizmodo, a Palm employee said they did not give a Pre to Ms. Jolie.

Likely this whole story is hogwash.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Hate to break it to everyone, but according to Gizmodo, a Palm employee said they did not give a Pre to Ms. Jolie.

I think it was for a few minute demo...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If she gets this thing before anyone else, I don't think this upgrade situation applies to her. Secondly, She's a millionaire.. thus, she could care less about subsidized pricing for anything.

Remember, this is a Celebrity, not Lil Sissy Johnson you sit behind at school trying to look up her skirt.
    I think you missed his sarcasm...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Dude, you're unbelievable. First you criticize Stern for making fart jokes and proceed to make a fart joke at my expense.

Now you denounce vulgarity while posting pictures that could potentially get me hit with a sexual harrassment suit if my legal assistant walked in when I happened to open it, not knowing that there would be such content on a smartphone web site, of course.

<<Edited by Berd>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/21/2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Personal Insult
    This is what Palm said today on twitter in regards to "scratches" on the screen

Twitter / palm_inc: @mcardlek Internal tester ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    This is what Palm said today on twitter in regards to "scratches" on the screen

Twitter / palm_inc: @mcardlek Internal tester ...
    That sounds mildly reassuring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Dude, you're unbelievable. First you criticize Stern for making fart jokes and proceed to make a fart joke at my expense.

Now you denounce vulgarity while posting pictures that could potentially get me hit with a sexual harrassment suit if my legal assistant walked in when I happened to open it, not knowing that there would be such content on a smartphone web site, of course.

<<Edited by Berd>>
    LOL. I am not an ambulance.
    I was watching Jay Leno last night and I noticed he said he went to the Sprint store for his phone, they should give one to him!!

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post

I have reason to believe it is not fake. All they said was Palm did not give her a Pre. Palm did not say the story was fake at all. At this point Sprints marketing people are more in the mix for placements then Palm.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123