Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    i wonder would this count as first sighting of the box (upper right)

First sight? No, There is a video of that actual box being opened with the Pre inside, showing it's contents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    The iPhone's screen is glass - it takes some doing to scratch glass. It was also easy for Apple to make the iPhone's screen glass, because the front is one flat pane. The Pre, on the other hand, not so easy to make out of glass - and thus needs to be made out of plastic - which will scratch more easily. It's a trade-off.
    Plastic screen will survive a drop better than glass too. Six of one, 1/2 dozen of another.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    i just wish the pre's screen didnt scratch so easily... palm said it has an anti-scratch coating over it... i find it odd that a screen with an "anti scratch coating" scratches so easily...
    Quote Originally Posted by live001 View Post
    i just wish the pre's screen didnt scratch so easily... palm said it has an anti-scratch coating over it... i find it odd that a screen with an "anti scratch coating" scratches so easily...
    Scratches so easily? For all we know she's been carrying the thing in a purse full of diamond bangles and gold coins. We have nothing to frame the comment of "scratches easily," so frankly I refuse to be disappointed until I can actually see what "scratches easily" means to the Pre.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Scratches so easily? For all we know she's been carrying the thing in a purse full of diamond bangles and gold coins. We have nothing to frame the comment of "scratches easily," so frankly I refuse to be disappointed until I can actually see what "scratches easily" means to the Pre.
    THANK YOU!

I swear. But the thing is, my annoyance with people who run with these types of things* isn't anyone's fault but my own... and maybe Spralm's**. If we weren't starving for Pre news, I wouldn't be so compelled to comb the forums reading every post for just the hint of a Pre fix - and thus, I wouldn't be so bothered by some of them.

Kinda like Dieter tiring of the Pre puns because he's so exposed to this stuff (even more than us - can you imagine?!).

* - that she scratched it (although I doubt she had it at all) vs she assumed it might be easy to scratch
    ** - Palm & Sprint
    Last edited by west3man; 04/20/2009 at 10:41 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    you do have a point capt. hair.... i agree... we'll just have to wait and see till we get the pre in our hands
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    And the people we've heard talk about the screen scratching easily, both seem to have long fingernails. I would imagine Angelina does, and we know the dude in that one pic did. They might be even longer than hers.
    But with a capacitive screen, there is no need to use finger nails.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    THANK YOU!

I swear. But the thing is, my annoyance with people who run with these types of things* isn't anyone's fault but my own... and may Spralm's**.

** - Palm & Sprint
    No. We're not going to do that.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Indeed. In fact (correct me if I'm wrong here), but fingernails won't even work on a capacitive screen.

Then again, if Jolie's nails are anything like my mother's, they can get in the way with just every day things, like dialing a number.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    so you think they are saying it's scratching just from taking it in and out of your pocket?
    amazing ... this article pushed the viewers of this forum over 300 today :-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Looks like a screen protector or the Zaggat shield is necessary!
    Yup. That's the first thing I'm doing. In fact I check their site every day because as soon as they have the full body shield for any new product about to be released then it's a good sign that it's coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Because you are nobody. She's a celeb. Try to accept it
    Post of the Day!
    good idea
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    So does Angelina also get first dibs on a "orphan baby" detector app? It lets her know where the most recent orphan baby is so she can adopt it. Also her calendar reminds her to fill out adoption papers and book flights to wherever the GPS located the orphan baby. Or she can have the orphaned baby flown to her - she can track the flights with that new app too to make sure they are on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    So does Angelina also get first dibs on a "orphan baby" detector app? It lets her know where the most recent orphan baby is so she can adopt it. Also her calendar reminds her to fill out adoption papers and book flights to wherever the GPS located the orphan baby. Or she can have the orphaned baby flown to her - she can track the flights with that new app too to make sure they are on the way.
    Hahahaha!
    The GPS can also detect rival threats (aka, Madonna).
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Hahahaha!
    The GPS can also detect rival threats (aka, Madonna).
    hahahah... INCOMING INCOMING!!! Grab the baby!
    no, the box has been seen in videos since january 8th.
    Wouldn't Sprint redesign the box to have all the Sprint logos and change the color to yellow? That's what they did with the Treos. Not sure though
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast