Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    even fat phones need lovin
    Quote Originally Posted by ncaa68 View Post
    even fat phones need lovin
    And slim phones need to shrivel-up and die.
  3.    #43  
    Slim wasn't some fad of the razr or of the time. It's a characteristic that all electronics strive to have.
    No, the 20 extra pounds you're carrying does though
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    The real question is, will the Pre make ME look fat??

Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Spoken like a jealous owner of a fat phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    And slim phones need to shrivel-up and die.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Looks from the pictures to be about as slim as the iPhone 3G in it's silicone case, which to me is absolutely no problem for the added functionality of a keyboard.

I'm just happy it's narrower than my current q9c.
    This conversation reminds me of the old 'do I look fat in these jeans?'. I think we're a bit biased, and I think to say otherwise would be near suicide on one of these forums.

The truth is there's a bit there that could be lost. I'm a 700wx user, so I can't expect it'll bother me much. The adjustment (and it was a slight one) was the Razr v3t to the 700.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Looks from the pictures to be about as slim as the iPhone 3G in it's silicone case, which to me is absolutely no problem for the added functionality of a keyboard.

I'm just happy it's narrower than my current q9c.
    I think that was a 1gen iPhone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    Slim wasn't some fad of the razr or of the time. It's a characteristic that all electronics strive to have.
    Oh yes, like everything else, it's merely a sign of our times.

Unfortunately, one could go the other extreme as well. Like the current tasteless fashion trend in wristwatches (bigger, more ugly, more garish == good). The RAZR is no longer what it used to be.

Besides, with electronics, and especially smartphones, it is the software (and the UI/UX) that should be the criteria for comparison. There are other things as well, like stability, performance (esp. the phone), legibility etc. And to equate everything with how fat or slim the device is, is also a sign of our times.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    The real question is, will the Pre make ME look fat??

+1?
    Could be, honestly I wouldn't be able to tell the difference just by looking at them (well in a case at least) so I assumed it was the most recent.
    Okay. The thickness difference is 0.7 mm, with the 3G coming out on the chunkier side.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Oh yes, like everything else, it's merely a sign of our times.

Unfortunately, one could go the other extreme as well. Like the current tasteless fashion trend in wristwatches (bigger, more ugly, more garish == good). The RAZR is no longer what it used to be.

Besides, with electronics, and especially smartphones, it is the software (and the UI/UX) that should be the criteria for comparison. There are other things as well, like stability, performance (esp. the phone), legibility etc. And to equate everything with how fat or slim the device is, is also a sign of our times.
    Watch out--you'll offend Dieter!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Watch out--you'll offend Dieter!
    But why???!!! I had merely stated my opinion on slimness. Does Dieter own many fat watches? Or does he only like smartphones that reset on a whim?
    fatty
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Your mothers a fatty Trebek...
    I always end up liking fat phones after a few beers, they're easier. To type on with out errors.
    hahaha, post of the day, I hope you intended it to have that connotation attached to it, still funny if you didn't.
    PHAT? yesssssssssss! FAT? HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO LOL
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast