Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here's a a few photos from 'The Vagabond Project' on Flickr.

"Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I think the Pre is healthy and fit. Besides, it's pretty (naturally).

I have an O2 XDA Atom Exec that's about the same size as the Pre and it's a real nice size (slightly smaller then my Treo 650 - Note: I said smaller, not thinner). On the other hand, I hate my anorexic Nokia E71, I don't even feel like using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    Any slider I feel is bulgy. But I think I'm wrong here.
    I'm sorry, have you used a Pre?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post

That, is too fat.
    Hey... I still have mine. Mine was a Motorola. Still got the extra battery and dual battery charger. ANNND a Leather case. FTW!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post

That, is too fat.
    I feel like I'm getting skull cancer just looking at that picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I feel like I'm getting skull cancer just looking at that picture.
    Here is my oldie but goodie list..

+ 3 no

However, that pic above ... that's waaaaaayyyyyy to fat
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    My initial reaction to the question wasn't that good, but I now recall looking at the sideways comparisons of the current crop of phones. The Pre was surprisingly "fat" compared to the iPhone.

As long as the iPhone has been out, I'm still amazed at its slimness. That said, the iPhone is also wide and tall as heck. Even when compared to a Treo, the iPhone seems... spread-out.

But that's according to my new standards. If someone said my 755p was fat or wide, I'd probably object.

So, I've clearly got some degree of bias or at least transitioning standards.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I bet it the Pre will feel good in the hand. I personally thought the iPhone was too thin to talk on comfortably - even though I had a Q9c - but the iPhone is slicker. Slick and thin do not go together. I have a Touch Pro now and don't really notice the thickness - and it fits in the hand well.
    Here, this will help you all..

Palm Pre Size Compare (Phone Arena)

Looks like a hair thicker (.07") than the BB Curve 8330.

.............(Height x Width x Thickness)..............

Palm Pre - 3.96" x 2.34" x 0.67"

BB 8330 - 4.2" x 2.4" x 0.6"

iPhone 3G - 4.5" x 2.4" x 0.48"

Centro (CDMA) - 4.22" x 2.11" x 0.73"

Treo 755p - 4.44" x 2.33" x 0.84"

800w - 4.41" x 2.28" x 0.73"

Treo Pro - 4.49" x 2.36" x 0.53"

Instinct s30 - 4.57" x 2.17" x 0.48"

HTC Touch Pro (CDMA) - 4.01 x 2" x .071"

HTC Diamond (CDMA) - 3.98" x 2.01" x 0.55"

That should help you all.
    Last edited by NM08SRT8; 04/20/2009 at 11:36 AM.
    may i suggest, we are past the point of phone makers competing for the skiniest phone.

the moto razor / moto Q started, and Iphone made the best / thinnest smartphone. But it's now been done. We are now moving toward various shapes fitting best in people's hands. The Pre is starting a new trend w/ it's rounded shape.
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    may i suggest, we are past the point of phone makers competing for the skiniest phone.

the moto razor / moto Q started, and Iphone made the best / thinnest smartphone. But it's now been done. We are now moving toward various shapes fitting best in people's hands. The Pre is starting a new trend w/ it's rounded shape.
    Hell, even the iPhone 3G was thicker than the original, partly due to the rounded back that fits better in the hand than the original.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Here is my oldie but goodie list..
    I see you had a Motorola flip phone. That was my next major upgrade after my brick phone. I couldn't believe how small they made it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

If you want to get a more visual comparison of the Pre's thickness to other phones check out this site:

Palm Pre Size Compare (Phone Arena)
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I see you had a Motorola flip phone. That was my next major upgrade after my brick phone. I couldn't believe how small they made it.
    Get this, I bought the Slim battery, shrunk down the thickness significantly.. lol, As well as shrinking down the battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Here's a a few photos from 'The Vagabond Project' on Flickr.

...clip...
    Thanks,

That's the pic I was looking for.

It really shows how much smaller the Pre is.
    Just call me Berd.
    The Pre really looks best compared to those dull phones. The only thing close to looking as good is the Bold but its crap so the Pre wins all.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    NM08SRT8 - that's a pretty badass collection you got there! I see you had the "A900 - Blade" as well. LOL I still have it as a backup. I think it's a great phone. Rotating camera, etc etc. Pretty fast too - was able to stream using Orb pretty well. As for your giant phones - hahaha you should take those into a Sprint store and ask what the trade in value is towards the Pre.

Anyways, back on topic - yeah the Pre doesn't look too fat from all the demos and videos I've seen. In fact when I saw them "in the wild" with those 2 kids - they made the Pre look REALLY small.
    seen that pic a few times. Still, really impressive.
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    The real question is, will the Pre make ME look fat??

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast