1.    #1  
    Here is the link: Chinese company offers Palm Pre on wholesale

This is what it says...

We know the Palm (NSDQ: PALM) Pre is being prepped for its inaugural launch on Sprintís networkd next month. That has to mean Palm is ramping up production of the Palm Pre in one of their Chinese component integration factories. And, with Palm Pre production presumably well underway, a new Chinese wholesaler has started offering the Palm Pre on wholesale!

China-based Ludle International has posted pics of a Palm Pre in the wild, hanging out next to a Palm Centro and iPhone 3G, no less. Ludle is apparently offering bulk-sales of the Palm Pre to all interested parties.
    This is good to the Goat's ears. Now let's see these puppies popping up on eBay. That would be fantastic. I won't buy one though. I'll wait for the subsidized pricing. It would be nice to see some reviews soon.
    I wonder if what they are doing is even legal?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I wonder if what they are doing is even legal?
    Yes it is, they do not follow the US laws, or copyrighting/patents, my guess are they are just clones and these clones usually suck pretty damn bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Yes it is, they do not follow the US laws, or copyrighting/patents, my guess are they are just clones and these clones usually suck pretty damn bad.
    It is not legal. Even though they do not follow our laws. We as well as China are partners with the Berne Convention (as well as other international intellectual property treaties) where we are to respect each others copyrights and patents. What they are doing is in fact illegal, its just extremely hard to police.