Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was randomly searching "palm pre" on Twitter when I found this update:
    Twitter / A. Thomas: Good morning world! Just l ...
    I asked the guy about it and his response was this:
    Twitter / A. Thomas: @ultima301 I called the S ...
    and Twitter / A. Thomas: @ultima301 Unfortunately, ...

If you're too lazy to read the links his first update stated that the Pre will be released Sunday (tomorrow) and his reply to me was that, he called Sprint reps twice this week and they both said it's being released Sunday. He also said they still haven't figured out pricing, which seems pretty strange if it's being released tomorrow. Seeing as how this guy has 3 followers on Twitter I don't think he was trying to spread false rumors. Misinformed reps? Probably. Figure I'd post it anyway.
    You can take that with a container ship of salt!

Not going to happen! 24 hours from a "release" and there's hasn't been a Pre specific ad anywhere yet? The Now network ads don't count!

And when he said he called reps...well...uh....just a customer service representative, what would they know!

They are probably right, it will be released on a Sunday, just not this sunday.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Yeah, they are going to release it tomorrow but they are still working on the price? Very misinformed reps.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    and not to mention no one (palm/sprint) sent me an email letting me know the phone would be available tomorrow.

That Jim guy from logicomm had like 10 followers until he announced he was getting a pre to play with, then he got popular. Maybe this guy is just looking for attention.
    They have no price set & it's gonna release on Sunday? What do they plan on charging then?

That tweet is very salty.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    also, isn't Sprint already launching at least the Instinct mini (S30?) tomorrow? And I thought a new color of the LG Lotus?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Yeah, they are going to release it tomorrow but they are still working on the price? Very misinformed reps.

I hardly doubt he got his info from a real rep, he is just a lion* through he teeth.

I used the word lion because I hope he gets ripped apart by one.
    With a "grain of salt"? Ha, I'm allergic to Pre-Sodium
    agree with the rest, total BS. I'm not saying the guy is lying, but I honestly think he got false info from reps that know nothing.
    I would LOVE to go up against the whole Sprint CSR group and play, Are you smarter than a Sprint CSR??? parody to "Are you smarter than a 5th grader". Oh hell yeah would I love to kick some ***. And every CSR who answers it wrong, gets fired, and I take their pay for their last 2 weeks.
    Much like the CSR's confusion with the Treo Pro - their new confusion is the Instinct S30 which was announced to be released tomorrow (19th). Much like the "Pro" almost looked like "Pre" - I guess "S30" looks like "Pre" to the CSRs too LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Much like the CSR's confusion with the Treo Pro - their new confusion is the Instinct S30 which was announced to be released tomorrow (19th). Much like the "Pro" almost looked like "Pre" - I guess "S30" looks like "Pre" to the CSRs too LOL
    See, in order for Sprints CSR's to determine between the two, hell, even Telesales, you would need a brain-stem. Which apparently is optional at the time of birth.
    Quote Originally Posted by nm08srt8 View Post
    see, in order for sprints csr's to determine between the two, hell, even telesales, you would need a brain-stem. Which apparently is optional at the time of birth.
    lol :d
    Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    (bangs head against wall)

these posts drive me crazy, i click them i weep
    So it's a couple hours until Sunday, and precentral.net is offline for "maintenance". Why would the precentral homepage need to be taken down?

If this were the Apple Store, I'd say it's a sign that something's going on.

Probably nothing. I mean, what could Dieter possibly be updating on the site? A new design timed to coincide with the launch? A detailed, hands-on review? Nah. Couldn't be. Right?
    Right??
    I noticed that precentral.net is down too. I think the most likely answer is that they are doing network upgrades to handle the huge amount of traffic. I don't think a redesign really requires a website to go down for any length of time these days. I think Apple does it just to play hard to get.
    Or just regular maintenance and cleaning out of the site like normal sites have. Also, maybe to update their website version, etc etc. Hard to say. But nothing is coming tomorrow, I can almost guarantee it.
    Now if it was Palm's or Sprint's site, I'd be excited.
    i must agree the anticipation is killing me!
    Dieter is just doing maintenance like it says... per the man himself.

Silly season is in OVERDRIVE.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast