Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Had an interesting call today. Sprint called me on my Cell phone of course. First off the caller, with an Indian accent (go figure), called to ask me a few questions about my service with Sprint. I stated that I have been pleased with the service. He then said he would check my plan and see if I thought that it was a good enough plan for me. I have the 1500 min/unlimited data plan. I replied that I have been quite happy with the plan. Then it happened.

He noticed that I was eligible for a new phone on both lines and asked me if I would like to upgrade. Guess what I said? I'll take two Palm Pres. On the other end all I got was a small laugh. Knowing the phones wouldn't be released yet I had to at least give it a shot. Anyway I began to start questioning the caller. I first asked when the phone was going to come out. He replied that sometime in June or July. I was quite surprised by the answer but as I asked more questions I could see why he answered this way.

My next question was so you call people all day and i was wondering how many people were asking for a Palm Pre. He laughed and said that was a funny question but then said that 6 out of the last ten calls asked for a Palm Pre. I thought that was very interesting. It then asked him about the Premier customers, which I am one of and confirmed with the caller, if we will be notified before anyone else when the phone is released. He stated that he did not know the answer. I followed up with would it be easier to order the phone online or go to the store to get one when they are released and he stated that when released that online sales would be made available as well as in the stores.

Feeling pretty good with myself and having the caller laughing and having a good time with our call I had one more comment to make. I told the Sprint caller that if they were really going to be charging 70.00 for the Touchstone then I would not be making a purchase of it. He stated that he would add all of my inquiries and comment into his notes for my account. When I told him about the Touchstone price I asked him if he knew what it was and he admitted that he had no clue as to what I was talking about. Hence my comment about him saying the phone wouldn't be released till June or July. This guy pretty much has no clue.

Well that was the end of my conversation today and I have to say it was a lot of fun probing a sprint rep for information on a Palm Pre.
    hmph, sprint cs rep newbs!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    So they know as much as you do? Oh my I think the world must be ending.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Your interaction epitomizes the cloud of secrecy and misinformation that's running rampant..just when we get the inkling that things are getting close and we may actually hear a REAL announcement, a SPRINT-er shoots us down...
    I think we have pretty good evidence by this point that Sprint reps are being encouraged to disseminate disinformation.
    I don't think these calls are from Sprint at all but from third party resellers that get commission from you resigning. They try and make you think you're talking to Sprint. I've gotten a few of the calls and they say they're from Sprint, but always with the foreign accent and never do they know anything about me other than I'm eligible for an upgrade.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    that's a fair point, but the sad fact remains that walking into 3 different Sprint corporate stores will get you 3 different takes on the story
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I don't think these calls are from Sprint at all but from third party resellers that get commission from you resigning. They try and make you think you're talking to Sprint. I've gotten a few of the calls and they say they're from Sprint, but always with the foreign accent and never do they know anything about me other than I'm eligible for an upgrade.
    I actually know someone who works for one of these companies except they are based in the states. Chances are that is what it is from... However I am sure if a sprint employ leaks info they would get fired and possibly sued.