1.    #1  
    I know the palm pre is coming out to sprint, i want the pre really bad, but i do not want sprint! MY QUESTION IS... will the phone be able to be unlocked and used for at&t or verizon? I think sprint runs on gsm, and i dont know if at&t or verizon is cdma or gsm???
    Sprint is CDMA.... plus exclusivity right now is through the end of the year
    Sprint and Verizon are CDMA, AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM. Some here have speculated that it may be possible to buy a Sprint Pre and have it certified to run on Verizon's network, but you might have to wait for a pretty long time.

It appears that Sprint's exclusivity on the Pre may only be 6 months, so you might not have to wait too long to see one come up on one of the other carriers.

But why are you so against Sprint? Unless you know their coverage continues to be poor in your area, you might give them a second look. I've found their coverage to be great, and they have a deal with Verizon to allow roaming on Verizon towers. Customer service has also been improving. Not to mention the fact that their plans are a much better value. Perhaps you should reconsider?
    i have had sprint for 6 years and have found their service to be phenomenal!! i was with at&t before that but haven't looked back since i got on board with sprint. the only issue i have is when i'm at work, i don't get reception b/c our building (school) is made of super thick concrete which makes reception for all service providers very difficult. not a big deal since i'm too busy in the day to even talk on my phone, oh well. sprint, beets, battlestar galactica!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackin Suckas View Post
    I know the palm pre is coming out to sprint, i want the pre really bad...
    Maybe it's time to switch to Sprint.

Other than a few incompetent customer service reps I've had to deal with, I have been very happy with my Sprint cellular service.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackin Suckas View Post
    I know the palm pre is coming out to sprint, i want the pre really bad, but i do not want sprint! MY QUESTION IS... will the phone be able to be unlocked and used for at&t or verizon? I think sprint runs on gsm, and i dont know if at&t or verizon is cdma or gsm???
    Switch carriers. That's your only option. Not to mention, it will be cheaper monthly.