Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not from him of course, but an analyst.

I've been getting fed up with no solid answer from Sprint if the Pre is going to be available in the stores first or through telesales for premiere customers. I know certain phones when they launched where given to premiere first but I just get the feeling that it might not mean jack for an event as big as the Pre. When you talk to Sprint you get a different answer depending on who you talk to. The stores think they're getting them first. Premiere thinks it will be through them and I'm quoting, "2 to 3 months before it's in stores". Customer service's first response was "What's Premiere?" and after putting me on hold to find out, they thought is was just a rebate thing.

Anyway, I sent an email and got a call the very next day. Unfortunately it was just a call to let me know they're going to find out and call me back Monday.

The reason why I'm posting this is because I figured when they call me back I could ask some follow up questions about the Pre for anyone that cares. I'm not going to go through a list of a hundred questions but if collectively you all could figure out the 3 most burning questions about the release of the Pre that doesn't include any secret NDA type stuff like when's the launch date or anything too technical since it's not really the kind of things they answer, I'd be happy to ask.

Dave

------------------------
    Update 04/20 10:34PST
    ------------------------

So far the only questions are:

1. Is it possible to get the Pre with the SERO plan?
    2. Will it come out in different colors?

------------------------
    Update 04/24 1:12PST
    ------------------------

Well I finally connected with Tiffany from Sprint. It was a bit disappointing, hearing the most official word from Sprint I've been able to get which is, "Nothing has been decided on the Pre". According to Tiffany if anyone in Sprint tells you which plans it should work on or who should be able to get it first they are guessing. She could confirm Sprint was supposed to release it in March but for whatever reason didn't. She suspects it will come out middle of next month but that is not official. No colors are planned right now. Sorry I couldn't get better information. I guess I'm not surprised by the response but at least I respect her honesty.

D
    Last edited by deesugar; 04/24/2009 at 03:12 PM.
    Can I keep my existing plan (SERO, F&F) that already has unlimited data and get the Pre?
    +1 to that, SERO is really the big question for me besides the obvious release date / price ones.
    Same here NO SERO NO PRE for me...I'll be willing to pay full price and long as I keep SERO..
    I think they said before you couldn't however that does not mean you cant get someone on the phone to do it anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I think they said before you couldn't however that does not mean you cant get someone on the phone to do it anyway
    <br>
    The Commercial Trainer at my local Sprint store looked up the details and said that the language with the Pre does NOT bar the SERO plans, but that we wont know for certain until they actually try to put the phone on a SERO line.
    Are SERO plans still possible on Sprint and what's the going rate?
    I have a pressing question that I don't think anyone has asked yet.
    Find out when it's going to be available in colors.... No, demand that it be available in colors as soon as they launch the thing.
    I'd like a nice green with orange polka-dots.
    SERO changed names, but it's still available. I think it's $59/month. Search this forum for the main SERO discussion. I believe the details are on there.

An exec at Sprint has made his email address and employee id /# available. Even at the current price I believe it to be highly competitive. Check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Are SERO plans still possible on Sprint and what's the going rate?
    It's "Everything Plus" now which is way worse than SERO was but still not bad compared to other carriers.

Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Ask them how to find a Manbearpig. And more importantly, how to catch one.
    Everything Family Plus looks pretty good. Now I just need a favor as a long time member... How do I get an employee email and ID?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Find out when it's going to be available in colors.... No, demand that it be available in colors as soon as they launch the thing.
    Colors are for toys, not serious computing devices!
    I think it would take them a year or more to come up with colors, if and only if there was a demand for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Everything Family Plus looks pretty good. Now I just need a favor as a long time member... How do I get an employee email and ID?
    Tips & Tricks - SprintUsers.com
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Colors are for toys, not serious computing devices!
    I think it would take them a year or more to come up with colors, if and only if there was a demand for it.
    You realize, of course, I was being sarcasic? If the actual colors I requiested didn't tip you off, the "demand" part should have...
    You realize, of course, I was being sarcasic? If the actual colors I requiested didn't tip you off, the "demand" part should have...
    i know it's a joke, but I've been saying since the beginning that making different color phones is a HUGE selling point. Lots of girls/teeny boppers tend to buy phones that are pink or red or some crazy color. The centro did very well with their options of Red, black, pink, white, etc. They'd be smart to at least make black and red/pink.
    I have a pressing question that I don't think anyone has asked yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Colors are for toys, not serious computing devices! I think it would take them a year or more to come up with colors, if and only if there was a demand for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i know it's a joke, but I've been saying since the beginning that making different color phones is a HUGE selling point. Lots of girls/teeny boppers tend to buy phones that are pink or red or some crazy color. The centro did very well with their options of Red, black, pink, white, etc. They'd be smart to at least make black and red/pink.
    So ...are we asking 'Dan' about colors? :-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    So ...are we asking 'Dan' about colors? :-)
    I don't care about colors myself, except for green with orange polka-dots. If you think he'll go for that one, ask him. No, wait, I forgot, demand it. Plus, I've never had one before, but I want it on a SERO plan too. Yeah, that's it, green with orange polka-dots, on a SERO plan, and make it this weekend.

Oh yeah, delivered to my house. By Angelina Jole would be nice...
    I don't care about colors myself, except for green with orange polka-dots. If you think he'll go for that one, ask him. No, wait, I forgot, demand it. Plus, I've never had one before, but I want it on a SERO plan too. Yeah, that's it, green with orange polka-dots, on a SERO plan, and make it this weekend.

Oh yeah, delivered to my house. By Angelina Jole would be nice...
    I'm not sure I'd notice she had a phone for me if Jolie brought it to my door...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    I'm not sure I'd notice she had a phone for me if Jolie brought it to my door...
    It would be like, "OMG Palm Pre, you brought me Angelina Jole for me to have?? Thank you so much!"

vs

"OMG Angelina Jole, You brought me a Palm Pre for me to have??? Thank you so much!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast