Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I mean, at this point, I'm not giddy like I was at first, I'm just annoyed. I just want a price and a "possible" release date, then I can happily sit back and happily save money. Give me something to look forward to!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    I mean, at this point, I'm not giddy like I was at first, I'm just annoyed. I just want a price and a "possible" release date, then I can happily sit back and happily save money. Give me something to look forward to!
    Agreed friend. Agreed.

I promise you that we are all in the same life boat as you. I really was hoping that we would get a real announcement today.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Hang in there... just 1 more month. You can do it
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Hang in there... just 1 more month. You can do it
    We think one more month, that's what's making me angry. If I knew it was one month, I would relax and try not to think about it.
    I feel the same way you do jmack. Good things come to those who wait though, right? Well I'M SICK OF WAITING! Yes, it's childish, but seriously, they should throw the date out there for us.
  6.    #6  
    I don't mind waiting! I'm in for the long haul! I just want to know how long I'll be waiting! I'm sick of waiting to find out how much longer I'll be waiting...
    yeah, I'm not sure how sprint and palm are justifying this secrecy.

People are beginning to get frustrated, and articles from WSJ and motlyfool are not helping aid in the campaign for a successful launch. This 'window' (that they refer to as maybe closing) could be granted some time to be left open a little longer, if they would at least give us a possible release date, and if anything, a price listing. How much time are they investing to get the best possible pricing?

Or maybe this, I just thought about this. Maybe there are internal struggles between Sprint and Palm for pricing and software.... and they're trying to come to agreements. hmmmmmm...
    Last edited by zionixi; 04/17/2009 at 04:06 PM.
    I love lolcats
    and then this articles talks about pricing and a little bit of a window aforementioned.

Pricing the Palm Pre
    I love lolcats
    i agree
    +1
    Just pencil in June 30 and be pleasantly surprised when it's June 29.
    Great idea Palmhead! I'm doing that as we speak like that expression "Hope for the best but expect the worst" so if we mark the release date down at June 30th and it does launch in May by some divine miracle then we can all rejoice and get exceedingly drunk LOL
    I will be very upset if the phone comes out anytime after may. Because I'm moving from california to texas for the summer and I won't know anyone at the sprints stores out there, let alone where one is!
    I love lolcats
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Even if sprint releases the phone on june 30th i think they will only lose potential customers. Apple will probably announce the new iphone by then and a lot of people may jump the pre ship and join the iphone bandwagon. Sprint seriously needs this phone to be out by may 17th or perhaps earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    Even if sprint releases the phone on june 30th i think they will only lose potential customers. Apple will probably announce the new iphone by then and a lot of people may jump the pre ship and join the iphone bandwagon. Sprint seriously needs this phone to be out by may 17th or perhaps earlier.
    LOL! A lot of people are jumping off the IPhone bandwagon.

You are correct they need to release it by May 17 or they are going to lose customers.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    That's one thing I'm thinking of. Do not put it past Apple to wow everyone. The Pre very well may be better than the iPhone 2, but dang Apple knows how to do a release.

They also do stuff the way I like it. They announce an item, and it's always - "You can order online starting immediately, and units should start shipping within days". That's how it SHOULD be done. Let the initial huge amount of hype drive sales. Don't announce something, get everyone excited, and then don't mention it again for 2 months.
    I want it as bad as anyone but in the end, it's a phone.
    There are other things in the world that are more important -- like the economy.
    Ultimate irony: you get laid off the day the Pre comes out. (Knock on wood).
    I want it pretty damn but but i have to wait till about August until my current contract with another provider is done and then the Pre is all mind and by then most things that may be a bit "broken" will be fixed
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    refresh
    refresh
    refresh
    refresh
    ARGH!!!!
    refresh
    refresh
    refresh
    curl up into ball
    suck thumb
    rock back & forth
    refresh
    refresh
    refresh
    refresh
    refresh
    sigh...
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    lets send palm peanuts like they did with Jericho, that will teach them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast