1.    #1  
    I searched the Q&A thread and no answer for this, so i will ask it here.

I see that Sprint says it will have intergrated MMS. But will the phone actually be able to receive pics and video without having to follow a link. Like will it be accessible directly to the handset.

THanks in advance.
    I saw somewhere where that question was asked during one of the events (WMC or CTIA, I forget). Anyway, the guy asked the Palm rep that question & the rep pretty much tiptoed around it. He said something like "Yes, the Pre will have MMS." and moved onto the rest of the demo.
    Yeah, I haven't really seen much about MMS either. I do know that us Blackberry users pushed and pushed to get Sprint to give us MMS. When they did, they gave us the janky "link" version of MMS.

I think MMS is a dying format. Nearly everybody is starting to get e mail on their phone. I would much rather e mail a picture to someone because it doesn't downgrade the quality like MMS does. (At least on Sprint) Also, a lot of IM clients allow you send pictures also. Blackberry Messenger works pretty good for this, but it also downgrades the quality of the pic.

It would be nice not to have crippled MMS on our Pre's regardless though.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    yeah I prefer email, and I think that phone companies should just drop mms, at least for pictures. (Video is a whole other thing)

But most blackberries use email and its great. Comes just as fast. iphone doesn't need mms and it makes me sick that they're buying into that stupid mms format.

e-mail- It works for your mom, it'll work for your phone.
    I love lolcats
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Yeah, I haven't really seen much about MMS either. I do know that us Blackberry users pushed and pushed to get Sprint to give us MMS. When they did, they gave us the janky "link" version of MMS.

I think MMS is a dying format. Nearly everybody is starting to get e mail on their phone. I would much rather e mail a picture to someone because it doesn't downgrade the quality like MMS does. (At least on Sprint) Also, a lot of IM clients allow you send pictures also. Blackberry Messenger works pretty good for this, but it also downgrades the quality of the pic.

It would be nice not to have crippled MMS on our Pre's regardless though.
    I agree that email is much better for pictures, however everyone you talk to will not have email options on their phone and they wont send via email. Thus it will still have me chasing a link to view a photo.
    It's easier to send a quick MMS than to email IMO. I get the full quality picture downloaded when I sync to my computer, at least on my unlocked phones.

BTW, iPhone does indeed SERIOUSLY need MMS. I can't deal with that tedious link AT&T sends you to, so I had to tell people to quit MMS on my iPhone number.

Also MMS is more than just pictures, music and video files can also be sent.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's easier to send a quick MMS than to email IMO. I get the full quality picture downloaded when I sync to my computer, at least on my unlocked phones.

BTW, iPhone does indeed SERIOUSLY need MMS. I can't deal with that tedious link AT&T sends you to, so I had to tell people to quit MMS on my iPhone number.

Also MMS is more than just pictures, music and video files can also be sent.
    QFT... Just give us the MMS Sprint, stop playing games!
    mms will still be used as long as dumbphones are sold. so it is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's easier to send a quick MMS than to email IMO.
    I agree. I really hope the Pre has integrated MMS
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    now i want a question!
    what mms & gprs setting for it? & we can use the other phones mms & gprs setting for it? thanks a lot
    Settings should automatically be on the phone, especially CDMA. For GSM, the SIM should automatically configure the settings when you insert it. If not, make sure you have the right network selected and you can also ask the carrier to resend the settings.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!