1.    #1  
    Guys and gals help me out what the hell is all this buzz about twiitter and what is it? How many of you tweet and are planning on turning your Pres into twitterific phones?
    Twitter is quite possibly the most over-hyped piece of junk on the internet today. It simply lets egocentrics spam each other with what they are doing at every 5 minutes of their day.

It's flavor of the month internet silliness. But unfortunately, it's important, because of it's hype, for sprint and the pre.
    preman2be913: get out of my mind!!!

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-b...net-sprint-now
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Twitter is quite possibly the most over-hyped piece of junk on the internet today. It simply lets egocentrics spam each other with what they are doing at every 5 minutes of their day.

It's flavor of the month internet silliness. But unfortunately, it's important, because of it's hype, for sprint and the pre.
    i agree. and the server is busy WAY to often. I thought Google was in talks of buying Twitter.
  5.    #5  
    OMG!!! Dieter that is HILARIOUS! Did you just post that? LOL Twitter sounds like a nightmare. I don't want to know when Paris Hilton took a crap or Lindsay Lohan's sexual debacles with yuck Samantha Ronson HAHAHA
    Personally I use twitter very rarely, but I do find it useful for certain info. I have 2 accounts (1 personal and 1 for everything else) since my main account was getting so many updates. I hope the Pre will be able to handle multiple accounts very easily.
    I use twitter as a way to communicate my opinions and thoughts out to companies like Sprint, Palm, Comcast, CNET, Southwest Airlines, Apple, Amazon, etc. I know a lot of people have negative opinions about twitter and I did too until I started using it as an "opinion box" for companies whose products and services I use frequently. The quick feedback from good companies are amazing - it shows they really are interested in what their customers think
    I often use Twitter now as kind of a replacement for RSS. It seems most of the sites I follow via RSS also twitter out all their updates. I get it all in one location now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

It is 2nd only to Apple products of course.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I often use Twitter now as kind of a replacement for RSS. It seems most of the sites I follow via RSS also twitter out all their updates. I get it all in one location now.
    I concur. It's not a frivolous activity anymore. Choose who you follow carefully and you can get useful updates.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    so since the topic was twitterific, will there be a native app, or a 3rd party
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    so since the topic was twitterific, will there be a native app, or a 3rd party
    Nobody here knows yet.
    Personally, I love Twitter. As long as you don't start following the celebrity du jour, it can be a lot of fun, useful, and even informative. Breaking news usually breaks on Twitter before the networks ever get hold of it.

Also a great place to flirt withbash the iPhone owners.
    Last edited by Alli; 04/20/2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Gah...why doesn't the strikethrough work in here?!