Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    All of my fellow managers (who have Treo 755ps too) got this email too. Neither of them signed up for the "Notify me when Pre is released" option.

    So it appears that they either sent the teaser to all Sprint customers or those how have Palm devices.
    I got the email, but it got sent to a different email address then the one that I used to sign up.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That last one, I will agree with. Palm said by the end of 2nd quarter this year. What is "silly" is all he folks hyping themselves up to believe it shoudl be sooner, and then complaining when they've disappointed themselves.

    Folks, it's not late, it's not past due, I'll save my complaining until they are actually late...
    Yeah, but haven't you ever been waiting on standby for a flight that is earlier than the one you booked? And then they say it'll be delayed 5 minutes for one thing, and then it's another 10 minutes, and then nothing...and then they come on and say it'll be just a few more minutes, and then...before long it's not leaving any earlier than the one you booked.

    Yeah, you have no right to expect that you'll get on an earlier flight, but the possibility was hanging out there and you waited for it. Now, instead of a nice leisurely wait and a pleasant dinner, you've been jerked around in 5 minute increments, all the while staying by the gate because it could be any minute now.

    So yes, the Pre is not late, and yes, Palm and Sprint have said nothing other than 1H09, but I think some folks feel like they are being jerked around in 5 minute increments instead of sitting back and having a beer.

    Me, I'll try to find a bar close to the early flight gate and just listen carefully.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Yeah, but haven't you ever been waiting on standby for a flight that is earlier than the one you booked? And then they say it'll be delayed 5 minutes for one thing, and then it's another 10 minutes, and then nothing...and then they come on and say it'll be just a few more minutes, and then...before long it's not leaving any earlier than the one you booked.

    Yeah, you have no right to expect that you'll get on an earlier flight, but the possibility was hanging out there and you waited for it. Now, instead of a nice leisurely wait and a pleasant dinner, you've been jerked around in 5 minute increments, all the while staying by the gate because it could be any minute now.

    So yes, the Pre is not late, and yes, Palm and Sprint have said nothing other than 1H09, but I think some folks feel like they are being jerked around in 5 minute increments instead of sitting back and having a beer.

    Me, I'll try to find a bar close to the early flight gate and just listen carefully.
    That is actually a really good analogy. Kinda sums up our frustration. What they are doing is not necessarily dishonest... It's frustrating to the ones who follow the Pre's every move. Every morning I hope to wake up to an e mail telling me about the release date. I got REALLY excited this morning... Just to be a sad panda.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    What they are doing is not necessarily dishonest... It's frustrating to the ones who follow the Pre's every move.
    That's just it though, we're in the minority. If they irritate us, it's far fewer than if they release an unready product into the market where everyone else will go ballistic if they have the slightest issues.

    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    That is actually a really good analogy. Kinda sums up our frustration. What they are doing is not necessarily dishonest... It's frustrating to the ones who follow the Pre's every move. Every morning I hope to wake up to an e mail telling me about the release date. I got REALLY excited this morning... Just to be a sad panda.
    Well, now I am flabbergasted. Not only have I been complimented by the Goat, but we've also learned that sometimes he turns into a panda!!! This is truly an extraordinary turn of events. I don't know what to say.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    All of my fellow managers (who have Treo 755ps too) got this email too. Neither of them signed up for the "Notify me when Pre is released" option.

    So it appears that they either sent the teaser to all Sprint customers or those how have Palm devices.
    This is pretty significant. Sending direct emails to people who don't already know about the Pre is a good first step. Other than their webpages, this might qualify is the first Pre advertising. And it's pretty good for people who know nothing about the Pre.
  7. #67  
    and called my local Sprint Store and asked if they knew when they would be getting it. Without hesitation the Customer Service Rep said "We will have them in May".

    So I'd be willing to say we will see it on the May 17th date that's been thrown around....
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    and called my local Sprint Store and asked if they knew when they would be getting it. Without hesitation the Customer Service Rep said "We will have them in May".

    So I'd be willing to say we will see it on the May 17th date that's been thrown around....
    i was in my sprint store today she said june tried to sell me a blackberry. how dare she insult me.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Without hesitation the Customer Service Rep said "We will have them in May".

    But do they even know?
  10.    #70  
    You just got the email???
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    You just got the email???
    That was my thought. If it does come out on the 17th I will be very happy
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    You just got the email???
    About a week ago actually. Just got time to get on here.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    But do they even know?
    You would think that since they're already training associates on the Pre that it would be coming sooner than later. Would they already be training if it wasn't coming till June?
  14. #74  
    ^ All they have seemed to have done so far is named advocates. I have seen no pics to prove that the employees have physically trained on them at all.
  15. #75  
    Yeah, me neither. I will probably get to see my buddy tomorrow, I'll see if he's got any news for me.
  16. #76  
    Anyone know someone in the know at sprint?
  17. #77  
    Hit me up as soon as you do Manny.
  18. #78  
    I do.

    Mr. Goat, I will. Nice new pic! LOL Tomorrow I will have female company though, so I am not sure how excited she will be seeing me geek out over a phone....after all, we are supposed to go bikini shopping.... yeah... mundane stuff, I know... lol.
  19. #79  
    Whoa! I'm lovin' it. Best of luck with that Manny. Don't feel too bad if you need to hit the Goat up and tell me how it all went.

    Be as "closet geek" as you can. Share you geek enthusiasm for the 2nd or 3rd date. Don't go too far with it even then. Trust me.

  20. #80  
    LMFAO that avatar is so freaking awesome.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions