Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just got the email today. I also signed up to be told when it's introduced, is this the email?

Justin
    Yeah I think everyone who signed up on Sprint got that today. Kind of disappointed - wish it was release news or a chance to pre-order. They just want to keep the hype going - even asking if you could forward it to a friend.
    Yes. Again - everyone who signed up on Sprint got that email. No release news - no chance to order. Just another virtual junk mail to continue the hype.
    I got it also, with no real new info attached.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    same here.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    "middle of May"

If it's mid may why not release an actual date? Probably because it might not make it.

"Would you rather they just didn't say anything until it was released?" --
    Yep. I thought the link said "tell me when it is released" not "spam me with more marketing BS".
    I was thinking middle of May as a release date, but meant it's the middle of April.

Want to know why they haven't announced a release date, because people are freaking out about emails that don't have a release date in them. You are proof that their strategy is working. Hype it up.

And when you put your email in there, did you really believe you would only get one email from Sprint announcing the release date? I'm sure there will be more emails before and after the Pre is released.
    Kinda ironic that I couldnt read the email on Versamail
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Does anybody think this was the "big news" that @palm_inc twittered about last night? I sure hope not.
    Link please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Does anybody think this was the "big news" that @palm_inc twittered about last night? I sure hope not.
    Palm never twitted anything last night or previous night about "big news"...here's there last few Tweets since April 15th

@pambaggett Yes, Virgina -- there is a Palm Pre. (But like Santa Claus, it's particular about when it makes an appearance.)
    about 17 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to pambaggett

@TheInvsbleMan If vibrate is set to "off" then switching the ringer off will silence the phone and keep vibrate off.
    about 19 hours ago from Power Twitter in reply to TheInvsbleMan

@nmunshi That will depend on the plans offered and on your existing agreement.
    about 19 hours ago from Power Twitter in reply to nmunshi

RT @backlon: @palm_inc Take the No More Pre Puns Pledge Please! http://tr.im/iYb9 #meetpre #palmpre
    about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck

...but the good thing about "later" is that it's constantly coming sooner...
    10:21 PM Apr 15th from web

Lots of rumors (and lots of anticipation -- we feel your pain), but pricing, availability, and carriers outside the US are still "later"
    10:20 PM Apr 15th from web
    That was kind of my point. Someone may have tweeted at (@) Palm_Inc about "big news". Still a little curious...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    That was kind of my point. Someone may have tweeted at (@) Palm_Inc about "big news". Still a little curious...
    I'm looking. It's very possible I read something completely wrong. or misinterpreted something.
    That big news was about Aston Kuthcer and CNN and who one the twitter competition and is on oprah today, some people assumed it had something to do with the Pre but it didnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    That big news was about Aston Kuthcer and CNN and who one the twitter competition and is on oprah today, some people assumed it had something to do with the Pre but it didnt.
    Wow, that is big news.
    Yeah i filed that under " who really give a Sh$#%"
    All of my fellow managers (who have Treo 755ps too) got this email too. Neither of them signed up for the "Notify me when Pre is released" option.

So it appears that they either sent the teaser to all Sprint customers or those how have Palm devices.
    Yeah, I signed up, currently have a Curve, and got no e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    All of my fellow managers (who have Treo 755ps too) got this email too. Neither of them signed up for the "Notify me when Pre is released" option.

So it appears that they either sent the teaser to all Sprint customers or those how have Palm devices.
    I'm a Sprint customer and have had Palms with Sprint since the Treo 600. I didn't get an e-mail.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I have the sprint 700p, but I haven't used it for a while now (not on my plan right now), and I got the email... Interesting if the list were based on some critiria, I just got the feeling they sent it out to all of their customers that have a valid email address on file with them.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I got this email this morning too and promptly called freakin' India . At first the guy said it was shipping and I was eligible for the full rebate since i've been with Sprint since 97. However, after 5 minutes of hold he came back on the line and said it looks like a late May release, and he could not give me any more info. Considering my 755P is on the fritz again, and i'm about to drop the insurance due to the outrageous free, Listen UP SPINT and PALM, both of your companies ride on this device and it's a joke that you still can't provide us with a release date, let alone some sympathy for us long-time Palm users who have been through Hell these past years. I'm so glad i only signed a 1 yr contract. This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    This is getting silly.
    That last one, I will agree with. Palm said by the end of 2nd quarter this year. What is "silly" is all he folks hyping themselves up to believe it shoudl be sooner, and then complaining when they've disappointed themselves.

Folks, it's not late, it's not past due, I'll save my complaining until they are actually late...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast