Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Yep - go follow the Tweets - loading up pretty quickly......not Ashton Kutcher quick but a good volume.
    which tweets? I've only seen @everythingpre post anything recently.
    Just checked. Lots of tweets.
    So I signed up with Sprint to tell me when their vaporware will finally arrive, they send me marketing material with no details. Same crap that has been floating around in videos/forums for months.

Price?
    Release date?

I *really* wanted to buy this phone, but the more sprint hypes the more I hope this phone fails.

My goal is to have a phone by June. If the pre makes it I'll but it, otherwise I just get a phone the exists in something other than marketing hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    So I signed up with Sprint to tell me when their vaporware will finally arrive, they send me marketing material with no details. Same crap that has been floating around in videos/forums for months.

Price?
    Release date?

I *really* wanted to buy this phone, but the more sprint hypes the more I hope this phone fails.

My goal is to have a phone by June. If the pre makes it I'll but it, otherwise I just get a phone the exists in something other than marketing hype.
    Patience, JT, hoping for premature failure is reserved for iPhone fanboys. Trust me, you want the Pre to succeed - it'll be better for everybody if Palm doesn't collapse.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Yeah, I'm actually kind of annoyed by this email as well. The next email I get from Sprint better be to tell me that it is available.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

Price?
    Release date?

So they tell you before the end of June and it's the middle of April. I don't understand why you're upset. If it was July, I would understand. Would you rather they just didn't say anything until it was released?
    Last edited by dave75; 04/17/2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: It's the middle of April, not May
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    So they tell you before the end of June and it's the middle of May. I don't understand why you're upset. If it was July, I would understand. Would you rather they just didn't say anything until it was released?
    I'm guessing some of the people would like for it to be like a blackberry storm release.
    Hey maybe this has already been answered, but the GPS says it REQUIRES a data connection at additional cost. So that means it's not real GPS?
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I wonder if this weekend/start of next week is when we'll begin seeing Pre-centric advertisements
    It would be nice to start seeing some meet pre commercials. I know most of us here would be annoyed, but maybe they could start by showing one from the Palm website.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    And look at today's date - 30 days from now??
    the thought of the pre being released 30 days from now is getting me excited, all sprint has to do now is make it official. It truly feels like we are getting close now.
    I got the same email...and was really disappointed that there was no release date. Must be getting close, so would it kill them to lock it in?

I am also surprised that Sprint's Palm Pre news aggregator is so unfiltered...and includes the following story headline on their Pre Buzz page - "The Motley Fools call Palm Pre DOA; foolish thoughts"

Sprint: Meet the Palm Pre
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Hey maybe this has already been answered, but the GPS says it REQUIRES a data connection at additional cost. So that means it's not real GPS?
    No, that means that Sprint Navigation needs a data connection to pull down the maps. To the average consumer that Sprint is hoping to reach, GPS is synonymous with navigation, not triangulation.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Got mine 930am ct today in Chicago..WE ARE REAL CLOSE....looks like May 17!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    So they tell you before the end of June and it's the middle of May. I don't understand why you're upset. If it was July, I would understand. Would you rather they just didn't say anything until it was released?
    "middle of May"

If it's mid may why not release an actual date? Probably because it might not make it.

"Would you rather they just didn't say anything until it was released?" --
    Yep. I thought the link said "tell me when it is released" not "spam me with more marketing BS".
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    which tweets? I've only seen @everythingpre post anything recently.
    search.twitter.com and search on "Palm Pre" - even 'ol bubbatex is on that list somewhere!
    "middle of May"

If it's mid may why not release an actual date? Probably because it might not make it.

"Would you rather they just didn't say anything until it was released?" --
    Yep. I thought the link said "tell me when it is released" not "spam me with more marketing BS".
    Relax, it's just an email. It's not like they invited you to a press showing and only showed you stuff you've already seen.

Sprint (and other companies) use those sign-up links to keep the average customer engaged. Probably 2/3 of the people who signed up for that link haven't been following the Pre as closely as we have, and thus aren't as emotionally invested in it. So Sprint wants to remind them that the Pre is coming and that they really shouldn't buy some other phone in the meantime.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Does anybody think this was the "big news" that @palm_inc twittered about last night? I sure hope not.
    I'm on the verge, should I wait for the Pre any longer or just go buy an Iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I'm on the verge, should I wait for the Pre any longer or just go buy an Iphone.
    Why the heck would you buy an iPhone now when we all know a new one is coming in July? Please go to ATT, have fun on EDGE and WiFi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Relax, it's just an email. It's not like they invited you to a press showing and only showed you stuff you've already seen.

Sprint (and other companies) use those sign-up links to keep the average customer engaged. Probably 2/3 of the people who signed up for that link haven't been following the Pre as closely as we have, and thus aren't as emotionally invested in it. So Sprint wants to remind them that the Pre is coming and that they really shouldn't buy some other phone in the meantime.
    +1
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast