1.    #1  
    Well this might sound a bit "odd" but as with a new year which you change a something in your life.

I say why not do the same with the Pre. It does not have to be something major. Giving up something, or taking on something new just for the Pre, you can even make more then 1 pledge if you want. Can be something silly like pledging not to use Pre puns.

If you want to join me and make your own Pre Pledge, do so. It does not have to be forever if you do not wish it to be, just till the Pre is launched.
    I pledge to . . .
    1. really pay attention the next time someone explains "the cloud".
    2. not add so many 3rd party apps that I crash my new phone . . . AGAIN (hee, hee, hee)
    3. not laud my Pre over the heads of iPhone users . . .

Wait! I gotta stop. I'm laughin' so hard, my side is crampin'. Wheu. Gotta breath. ROTFLMAO
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    I pledge to....

1. Buy the Pre as long as it works with SERO (Even for full price)
    2. Flaunt my Pre in front of every iphone user at work as often as possible.
    3. Not buy any overpriced accessories.
    I pledge to:

1. Take a trip down to Palm Corporate and find out wtf is going on??? Who is coming with?
    2. Stay a Premier customer with Sprint for all eternity if they can just give us a release date.
    3. Sleep outside of my local Sprint store the day before the Pre comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    I pledge to:

1. Take a trip down to Palm Corporate and find out wtf is going on??? Who is coming with?
    2. Stay a Premier customer with Sprint for all eternity if they can just give us a release date.
    I'm game. I want to know why they took the most anticipated Palm device in years, and made it unrealistic for most business users who have stuck with the company for so long, waiting for a new OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    I pledge to:

Hope the store is not the one I visited yesterday in Atl., GA or it will be awfully crowded. I will be nice and share my pillow.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    I pledge to....
    1. Not to buy a PRE. Unless some changes are made before the phone hits the market I'm staying with my Centro which works GREAT.
    2. I pledge to stick with Palm's that use Palm OS.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    I pledge to....
    1. Not to buy a PRE. Unless some changes are made before the phone hits the market I'm staying with my Centro which works GREAT.
    Isn't the Treo Pro the last one?

Are you too good for the emulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    I pledge to....
    1. Don't tell me - card slot?
    2. Then your Centro is going to be the last phone you ever buy. Unless you're willing to use the Classic emulator on the Pre.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Nope, Centro. The Trēo Pro runs WM.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    AWW Thank you Jill I'll bring some marshmallows and a lil grill LOL
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I'm game. I want to know why they took the most anticipated Palm device in years, and made it unrealistic for most business users who have stuck with the company for so long, waiting for a new OS.
    Hey they told us back in 2007 that it would be a 2 year project.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I pledge:
    1. Not to use "LOL, lol, ROTFLMAO," or any of the like on my new Pre in text messages, email messages, forum posts or any other text entry.
    2. To bear with patience the coming groundswell of people under 30 who use the above abbreviations in seemingly every sentence as a sort of code to let us know that their hideous grammar, lack of capitalization, and blatant spelling errors are okay because they are "texting."
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    LOL !!!
    Well, I have to say, that actually did make me laugh out loud.
    I pledge to:
    1. use my phone for more than just calling people.
    2. use the keyboard to the full extent(notes and email and whatnot).
    3. keep the screen from getting scratched for as long as i can.
    4. actually use the 3rd party apps that i get for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

Are you too good for the emulator?
    Am I misunderstanding or are you implying that people are "uppity" for not wanting to use Classic on WebOS?

I'm happy that the emulator exists but it's not going to be exactly the same experiencing as using a PalmOS device, due to the virtual d-pad, the lack of gps access, the lack of Bluetooth access, and who knows what else.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.