Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, I love the thought of owning a PRE, however, now that I have been away from Sprint for over 2 years. I realize more than ever, that Sprint has god awful cust. service and Verizon has the best.

I will gladly and eagerly await the V version of the PRE. Sprint nolonger even has a service location in my county, in fact they do not have a company owned sales location in my county! I am not driving 100 miles round trip, should I need service.

The only plus Sprint has is it's cheap data plan, otherwise they stink!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    You could always buy the phone off-contract and then use it on Verizon, should it pass the Open Network certification, which is very much possible. Though you'd have to wait a bit longer and pay retail price for the phone (I've heard estimates ranging from $400-$600) you could then use it on Verizon if you so chose. While details are thin on whether or not Sprint's exclusivity with the Pre has extra stipulations, there's still a lot of skepticism over whether or not Verizon will ever get the Pre based on their relations with Palm. Nothing, of course, is set in stone, it's just something to think about and give your mindless rant a little bit of validation. :P
    We do not know if it will work on Verizon right out of the box, a few people might try but meh. Plus what I have heard sprint customer service in the past 6 months or so is so much better and getting better all the time. So I am willing to give it a go and if I do not like it before the month ends I can go tell them to shove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all, I love the thought of owning a PRE, however, now that I have been away from Sprint for over 2 years. I realize more than ever, that Sprint has god awful cust. service and Verizon has the best.

I will gladly and eagerly await the V version of the PRE. Sprint nolonger even has a service location in my county, in fact they do not have a company owned sales location in my county! I am not driving 100 miles round trip, should I need service.

I'll see if I can pass your gripes up the line, but I'm sure it will be pretty hard to find someone who gives a ****.
    File this with the folks on VZW and Sprint that want an iPhone but not ATT.
    Well to be honest, it really does come down to the carrier. As a friend of mine quite aptly put it, "If you have a shiny phone with no service, all you have is a sparkly brick." No matter how amazing or incredible a device is, it's just not worth it to switch to a carrier with sub-par service.

That said, from what I've been able to tell, most areas (at least major population centers) seem to have pretty solid Sprint service, and Sprint does allow free roaming on Verizon and Alltel networks (or at least they used to), so that should negate some of the fear. Still, if you have AT&T or Verizon and you're completely thrilled with their service, it probably isn't worth it to switch.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams

Follow me on Twitter
    You say you've been away from Sprint for over two years. I agree with you that when I came to Sprint two years ago next month I couldn't stand their telephone customer service either, but I have to honestly tell you that after they got such bad publicity for it last year, it changed to about the best customer service I've ever had almost immediately. They answer the phone quickly and friendly, and take care of any problem you might have. I am not the only one who has reported this, and I know it's been noted in the media as well. Also, the reception I get vs. the reception I was getting on Verizon has been much better since I switched, and I'm talking about all over the country and Puerto Rico.

Starting a thread like this with a two year old complaint is holding a grudge way too long. Get the Pre and I bet you'll notice the difference.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    How often do people honestly deal with customer service?

I agree that Sprint's CS crap but I've only called them maybe 3 times in 2 years.

I don't quite get the logic that stays with a more expensive product just in case they need to call a support line.

I think I'll put up with an annual or bi-annual crappy CS experience for cheaper plans and cooler phones. It's worth it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You say you've been away from Sprint for over two years. I agree with you that when I came to Sprint two years ago next month I couldn't stand their telephone customer service either, but I have to honestly tell you that after they got such bad publicity for it last year, it changed to about the best customer service I've ever had almost immediately. They answer the phone quickly and friendly, and take care of any problem you might have. I am not the only one who has reported this, and I know it's been noted in the media as well. Also, the reception I get vs. the reception I was getting on Verizon has been much better since I switched, and I'm talking about all over the country and Puerto Rico.

Starting a thread like this with a two year old complaint is holding a grudge way too long. Get the Pre and I bet you'll notice the difference.
    +10

Thanks for writing that. When I first joined Sprint the CS was HORRIBLE. Now it is so amazing it is hard to believe that it is the same company. I called Verizon CS the other day and while it is good, Sprint IMO is now even better.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Living in the land of Verizon for landline service, I can unequivically say that their customer service is BAD. I had a problem in December 08. I called every day until it was fixed. It was their mistake and they could not have been less interested in fixing it. After one solid week of calling, the problem was fixed only to get unfixed a few days later. No resolution. They just wore me down.

And this is not the first time. Their land line CS is enough to make me want to get rid of a land line entirely. I have to address the issue again in a few weeks and I hate the thought of it.

Of course, I had a problem with our local natural gas provider last year too. Oh boy!

I wish I could hire a consumer advocate who would deal with all these people and actually get the problems resolved in a timely manner. Just my opinion.

Shooo...Shooo... pew..pew...
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I totally agree about the better cust. service. I always hated their cust. service (I have been with them for 11-12 years)... but as of late, they have been much much better.
    Apparently they are constantly graded, with follow up calls from supervisors to the cust., and it seems to be working...
    They always end the call with something like... "This is (their name), have I answered all your questions to your satisfaction today?"
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I've also been with sprint for 13+ years. There CS is awefull. Despite the reports of it improving, as recently as Januray i was dealing with over the phone CS and hed multiple terrrible experiences. Event though i am a long time customer, i would NOT recommend sprint

As for the Pre on Verizon, paast comment about getting sprint treo's over to verizon tought us 2 things:
    1- it requires a code update to the phone ((i.e. the phoen wouldmhave to be hacked)
    2- Version CS will not add the phone to the service if they know it is not one of there phones (you have to tell them it's a different phone, which can get tricky)

I belive this was in an old Treo 650 thread
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have been with Sprint for 4 years and never had a problem with there CS.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I've also been with sprint for 13+ years. There CS is awefull. Despite the reports of it improving, as recently as Januray i was dealing with over the phone CS and hed multiple terrrible experiences. Event though i am a long time customer, i would NOT recommend sprint

As for the Pre on Verizon, paast comment about getting sprint treo's over to verizon tought us 2 things:
    1- it requires a code update to the phone ((i.e. the phoen wouldmhave to be hacked)
    2- Version CS will not add the phone to the service if they know it is not one of there phones (you have to tell them it's a different phone, which can get tricky)

I belive this was in an old Treo 650 thread

This post hurts my head.
    I left Tmobile a little over two years ago for the SERO plan. At the time, I had been away from Sprint for approx. 8 years. I have never looked back. Great price, great coverage, great service, fast internet, no dropped calls.. Way better than Verizon in my area. I have only dealt with CS a few times,with good customer service overall. Even if Sprint and Verizon were equal across the board, I would not pay the extra premium for all those people following me around all the time. Can you hear me now? Really stupid commercial that scored them tons of customers that think Verizon is the only network that can get good coverage. It was definately great marketing on their part, People need to at least try Sprint when the Pre comes out, it might open their eyes.
    I have people come up and tell me they left sprint all the time for horrible CS, all while browsing the phones.

If it was so bad then what the hell are you doing here looking at our phones?

One guy told me he made a $300 online payment to his account, and sprint decided to add 2 more zeros to his payment, taking out 30,000. That's probably the best one ever. I'm willing to bet less than 1% of the population has that much cash in the bank, and this jackass wasn't one of them.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II

I have had Sprint for at least 8 years and have never had a major problem. Customer Service is no better or worse than any other company I have used.

I go to a store maybe once a year to get a new phone, that's about it.

I have resisted the temptation to get an iPhone becasue of how horrible the AT&T service is in my area. I say first hand when doing GSM testing for AT&T before it was rolled out, coverage was pitiful and by account still is in my area. But each area and person is different.

So here is to Sprint finally getting an exclusive phone that is worth something!

Well good luck on waiting. It obviously comes down to personal experience and location. I have VZW for work and they are the WORST company for cell phone service (coverage and CS). Also, I guarantee you, you will be waiting AT LEAST a year before you even hear about the Pre on VZW. VZW is the worst for "testing" phones (I guess they forgot to test the Storm prior to release) and crippling the heck out of all of them when they finally do release it! I have AT&T for personal and am very happy with them, but I will be jumping ship for the Pre. Two of my friends have Sprint and absolutely love it - and the first thing out of both of them is how awesome their customer service is!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I travel for a living. To major metro areas (New York, Chicago, L.A., Miami, etc) & to smaller communities (Fargo, Minot, Traverse City. etc.).

I have virtually no problems in towns anymore w/Sprint reception. 5-10 years ago if you left the highway, my call would be dropped. It's just not that way anymore.

I am sure there are some bad areas, & I have friends that say they still have had problems, but I also have a Bud who loves his iPhone, but can only use it in one room of his house. He hates AT&T but loves his phone.

Point is, all carriers have some problems. My recent experience--last 2/3 years--w/Sprint has been very good. If it is bad in your area, I understand why you wouldn't use them, but two years is a long time. It may just be different now.

Cheers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast