Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all, I love the thought of owning a PRE, however, now that I have been away from Sprint for over 2 years. I realize more than ever, that Sprint has god awful cust. service and Verizon has the best.
    Where have you been for the past 2 years? Sprint's CS has dramaticaly improved and they are now winning awards and taking top spots in surveys regarding CS. On top of that, I have friends who left Sprint and now complain non-stop about Verizon.

Your comments based on experiences 2 years ago are inappropriate.
    I have been with Sprint for around 10 years now and overall my experience with CS has been fine. Sure, you get the occasional person that is not great, just hang up and try again. Also, I find that if you are nice to the person and don't bombard them and come across aggressive, you get a much better response. It costs nothing to be nice

But I do agree that it's horses for courses. I personally wouldn't move from Sprint (unless they became really bad) since the reception is normally very good and you just can't beat their plans.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    TROLL. this is the same guy that won't buy Adidas shoes because he has always bought Nike in the past and they're the best.... step outside your box for once.....

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all, I love the thought of owning a PRE, however, now that I have been away from Sprint for over 2 years. I realize more than ever, that Sprint has god awful cust. service and Verizon has the best.

I will gladly and eagerly await the V version of the PRE. Sprint nolonger even has a service location in my county, in fact they do not have a company owned sales location in my county! I am not driving 100 miles round trip, should I need service.

The only plus Sprint has is it's cheap data plan, otherwise they stink!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    How often do people honestly deal with customer service?

I agree that Sprint's CS crap but I've only called them maybe 3 times in 2 years.

I don't quite get the logic that stays with a more expensive product just in case they need to call a support line.

I think I'll put up with an annual or bi-annual crappy CS experience for cheaper plans and cooler phones. It's worth it to me.

I have to agree with part of this. If you need to call CS on a regular basis, maybe they're not the problem.

I've been with Sprint for 10 years. In that time I've probably called CS about a problem 3 or 4 times. The last time was about 8 months ago. The rep was polite and efficient. The only other times I've had a need to speak with CS was to change my plan. Again, it's always been done quickly and politely. If your issue is with reception in your area on Sprint, or with the lack of service locations, then by all means don't switch. However, if reception is good and the rates are better, CS should no longer keep you away from Sprint.

To those who have not been with Sprint for a couple of years, your past experiences do NOT reflect current Sprint service. Don't blast what you don't know. Generally speaking, if you get on the line with any carrier's CS and start blasting away, your level of service from them will probably be sub-par.

I'm not a Sprint employee, nor are any of my friends (darn, I could use the discount). I just happen to be a very satisfied customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    I have people come up and tell me they left sprint all the time for horrible CS, all while browsing the phones.

If it was so bad then what the hell are you doing here looking at our phones?

One guy told me he made a $300 online payment to his account, and sprint decided to add 2 more zeros to his payment, taking out 30,000. That's probably the best one ever. I'm willing to bet less than 1% of the population has that much cash in the bank, and this jackass wasn't one of them.
    Cingular tried to charge me $3000 one month with BS calls between 2-4am while I was asleep so I threatened them with a lawsuit and they closed my account per my demands. I never even thought about looking at Cingular(ATT) again. (Although my first phone was ATT before it was Pacbell/Cingular)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    How often do people honestly deal with customer service?
    Bingo. I've been with Sprint since 2000 and have probably called less than half a dozen times - and each with satisfactory outcome. There are certainly different type of customers and I'm not one of the needy ones. Give me my phone, a phone number, and service and I pay the bill... All's well.

EDIT/ADD after further reading:

Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    If you need to call CS on a regular basis, maybe they're not the problem.
    There! That's exactly what I was trying to say but couldn't formulate the words. It's not quite like a trip to the Motor Vehicle Department, but I've noticed that when I'm at the mall and stop in every cell phone carrier's store I encounter to see what's new I notice the people in line for a service rep aren't made up of a high concentration of rocket scientists! <ducking> Of course, they're all at the Apple store. <and down I go again!>
    A lot of companies I have seen treat customer service like the red-headed-stepchild (WikiAnswers - Where did the phrase 'beat you like a red-headed stepchild' come from and what does it mean)
    (as a source of loss of income) and at the minimum outsource it like crazy. This is unfortunate because it doesn't generally result in superior service.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12