Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    I'm a blackberry user (first time) and I'm OK with it, but trying to leave for good. I don't hate the phone, I like it, but I loved my Treo's. It was just those little things that the phone had (hardware and software) that made me appreciate it and love it.
    And I see the thought that went into designing the phone/OS that is making switch companies (vzw) just to get it.

One of those little things on the Pre (taken from Dieters video) is the quick way to see the date, battery life, and connect to a bluetooth device, wifi network, or turn on airplane mode:
    Seriously, I don't know how common that is among other phones, but I love, love, love the idea of having signal, time, and battery life information available at all times.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I guess I'm the only one who is selfish enough to find this to be good news.

It means I can get my Pre without having to fight a crowd or deal with supply issues.
  3.    #23  
    I honestly dont think there will be any major shortage of Pres at first unless Palm is having problems producing it. But yeah it might not be that bad . My store in NJ has no waiting list so far no real groundswell other than a few phone calls so i doubt I will have to wait on line for it but they did say they would put one aside for me like they did with the 800W.I told them no thanks as I am not sure I am getting it I will just go in the release date. I for one hope that this phone saves Palm , been with Palm for over a decade going back to the first palm PDA . ( also the first Handspring)
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/16/2009 at 09:12 AM.
    One part of the article really didn't make sense to me.

But when asked if he'd be switching from an iPhone, he clarified. "Nope, I'm with [Sprint] on their SERO plan -- can't be beat. Just hope I can use it with the Pre," Wu wrote.

Apparently Wu's situation is all too common. ChangeWave reports that only 1% of respondents to its surveys would switch to Sprint Nextel (NYSE: S), Palm's exclusive carrier for the Pre.
    Uh,wtf? First of all this suggests Sprint has iPhones, secondly, the journalist is completely clueless on SERO.

Awful article.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Seriously, I don't know how common that is among other phones, but I love, love, love the idea of having signal, time, and battery life information available at all times.
    agree. simple feature, very usefull
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I honestly dont think there will be any major shortage of Pres at first unless Palm is having problems producing it. But yeah it might not be that bad . My store in NJ has no waiting list so far no real groundswell other than a few phone calls so i doubt I will have to wait on line for it but they did say they would put one aside for me like they did with the 800W.I told them no thanks as I am not sure I am getting it I will just go in the release date. I for one hope that this phone saves Palm , been with Palm for over a decade going back to the first palm PDA . ( also the first Handspring)
    Maybe its because no advertising blitz has happened with the Pre. There's still a good sized window from now to release.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12