Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    That is the question... I just recently joined Sprint bc my entire family has been with them for 6 years and my pops finally coerced me to join. I was with T-mo for quite some time and always jumped from one unlocked phone to the next. I have been using a POS phone my dad gave me and am in dire need of a new phone. Do I wait to get the Pre or use my upgrade now for say a Treo Pro? I really want the Pre so bad it hurts but I don't know how much longer i can use this Samsung LOL
  2. #2  
    Wait for it or regret your decision.

    Hold out man, it will be worth it.
  3. #3  
    Wait. It will be worth it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4. #4  
    Yes, wait for it.
  5. #5  
    your wait is about 4-5 weeks max, wait.
  6. #6  
    You'd bite yourself in the **** if you'd buy another phone now and then having to pay full price for the Pre.

    I was at a Microsoft Partner event today, and they gave away HTC Fuzes....lol...I was hoping I wouldn't win one! Although, I could have put that thing on Ebay and make some coin on it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    That is the question... I just recently joined Sprint bc my entire family has been with them for 6 years and my pops finally coerced me to join. I was with T-mo for quite some time and always jumped from one unlocked phone to the next. I have been using a POS phone my dad gave me and am in dire need of a new phone. Do I wait to get the Pre or use my upgrade now for say a Treo Pro? I really want the Pre so bad it hurts but I don't know how much longer i can use this Samsung LOL
    If your phone is really falling apart and isn't functioning properly, maybe you should consider getting a used, older phone (or even a *gasp* clamshell) while waiting for your Pre.

    The older phone (depending on your needs, you might even settle for a 650?) would be super-cheap and, you could always sell it to someone else after the Pre debuts.

    Think of it as a transition device.


    Of course, if your current phone works well enough, maybe it's just your Pre lust that's making you sweat. If that's the case, hang in there, buddy. We'll form a support group or something, to keep us all sane until we can get our Pre-fix.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8.    #8  
    OMG guys and gals I have great news! My bud had an old treo and is no longer with Sprint so he is letting me use it for the time being. Now not only do I have a reliable, sweet phone but I can actually say I have a Palm and am truly privileged to join the Palm world along with you all. Let the fun begin! Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone huh? lol Thanks for all your support and may we enjoy our Pres together SOON!
  9. #9  
    buy a Pro and exchange it for a Pre, that's what I'm doing.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    buy a Pro and exchange it for a Pre, that's what I'm doing.
    Well you only have 1 month to return I believe, and if you do not return before that then when you "exchange" you do not think you get the full value. So you would essentially have to pay more for the Pre if you chose to do so.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    buy a Pro and exchange it for a Pre, that's what I'm doing.
    how 'bout you not encourage people to buy and return crap that they don't plan on keeping? It's really annoying for those of us that want Sprint and Palm to last. Do you seriously need to do something sketchy for a month of waiting?
  12.    #12  
    I agree Schnoid besides I get to use a FREE Treo so I'm not complaining and besides whats the point of purchasing a Pro learning that OS and then just when I get the hang of things having to return it only to learn the Pre's new Web os. I think I'll stick it out for a month I'm not complaining even though I'm burning for the Pre then again aren't we all? hehe
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    I agree Schnoid besides I get to use a FREE Treo so I'm not complaining and besides whats the point of purchasing a Pro learning that OS and then just when I get the hang of things having to return it only to learn the Pre's new Web os. I think I'll stick it out for a month I'm not complaining even though I'm burning for the Pre then again aren't we all? hehe
    100% agreed. It's not just about learning a new OS... u'd be spending lots of time configuring the new phone to your liking, transferring over data, etc, and then would be forced to do a hard reset and return it in less than a month. There's nothing that exciting about the Treo Pro to make that worth while.
  14.    #14  
    Amen to that! Do you think a noob like me can pick up on the new Web os? I am so excited about it but extremely intimidated as well.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Amen to that! Do you think a noob like me can pick up on the new Web os? I am so excited about it but extremely intimidated as well.
    When it comes to WebOS we are all n00bs. We are all going to have to learn to do things from scratch but from the looks of it, it is really easy and self explanatory.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Amen to that! Do you think a noob like me can pick up on the new Web os? I am so excited about it but extremely intimidated as well.
    can't say for sure, but it seems like everything about the Pre will be super straightforward. Once you get used to the Treo keyboard (not that I think its very hard to get used to), then you'll probably have to get used to the gestures. Other than that, manipulating stuff on the screen is really easy. Even removing an app from your screen is as simple as just throwing it off the screen. If millions of blindly following apple fanboys can get used to the iphone, I'm sure you won't have a problem with the Pre.
  17.    #17  
    you guys rock! I feel a lot less intimidated and as I'm writing this I got a call on the Treo and there is a feature that is mind blowing as to why other phones don't have it... The ability to ignore a call and reply with a text... BRILLIANT! (in the guiness beer accent) LOL Do yall think the Pre will have this feature? AHHH the simple things in life
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    you guys rock! I feel a lot less intimidated and as I'm writing this I got a call on the Treo and there is a feature that is mind blowing as to why other phones don't have it... The ability to ignore a call and reply with a text... BRILLIANT! (in the guiness beer accent) LOL Do yall think the Pre will have this feature? AHHH the simple things in life
    I would hope so. In fact, I would hope that Palm was smart enough that WebOS will be able to do everything that Palm OS could do. But we'll have to wait and see.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  19. #19  
    Pre

Posting Permissions