1.    #1  
    I thought since info is all over the place that i would consolidate all of the pre's apps into one place and add to it as we go so we would know what to expect from the APP CATALOG. (yes i searched and no thread exists like this).

PANDORA
    TELENAV (SPRINT NAV)
    SPRINT TV
    NASCAR
    GOOGLE MAPS (WITH GPS SUPPORT)
    FANDANGO (WITH GPS SUPPORT)
    FLIGHTVIEW
    MOTION APPS - CLASSIC (FOR PALM OS APPS/NO GPS SUPPORT)
    AMAZON MP3 STORE
    HANDMARK (EXPRESS STOCKS)
    YOUTUBE

if anyone knows of more put it in this thread and ill update this comment.
    Last edited by coorspate; 04/25/2009 at 08:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Similar thread. Maybe merge them. Or not. I don't care.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...early-sdk.html
  3.    #3  
    that is a developer list, no confirmed apps though.
    A side-effect Motion Classic is it'll give some of those PalmOS developers time to port to web os and increment newer technologies that weren't available in the previous generation...incorporation of location/GPS, 3G, web, ect. App-wise, webOS has potential of growing quickly and getting getting some iPhone developers involved.
    It's probably an easy guess to figure those developers who struck gold with their apps on iPhone are going to try their same formula on webOS.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    A side-effect Motion Classic is it'll give some of those PalmOS developers time to port to web os and increment newer technologies that weren't available in the previous generation...incorporation of location/GPS, 3G, web, ect. App-wise, webOS has potential of growing quickly and getting getting some iPhone developers involved.
    It's probably an easy guess to figure those developers who struck gold with their apps on iPhone are going to try their same formula on webOS.
    i hope so
  6.    #6  
    YouTube is confirmed running on a pre as well
    The WebOS book mentions a News app (RSS reader) and uses it as an example development project, so I'd imagine that'd be available at launch as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I am not sure about that. The market for WebOS apps will be a lot smaller, at least initially and the code they wrote for the iPhone will not port to the Pre. It won't easilyport to any other smart phone platform either.
  9.    #9  
    I thought in one of the videos that a Palm rep stated that most would be easily ported.
    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    I thought in one of the videos that a Palm rep stated that most would be easily ported.
    I think that said Palm rep was talking about old Palm OS applications of the simpler variety.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright