Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I saw this update in the Engadget comments by the person who took the pictures and thought I'd pass it along:

As far as staged or 'shopped ... if by that you mean they were out there to be seen on purpose, then maybe. As far as me working for Sprint/Palm and being there specifically to have pics of the Pre taken, no. I'm just a lowly city worker here that can't wait to replace my E71 with something along the lines of a Pre or G2. Would prefer to have Android I think, but the Pre seems pretty nice to me (so far). That said I'm not a fan of Sprint.

They wouldn't tell me why they had them - so whether they're testers themselves or borrowing from the 'rents, who knows. And I'm getting bad at guessing age - I wanna say they were both right at about 20ish or so.

I also found it weird about taking pics/vid with the phones 'open' - I really hope it doesn't have to be done that way. But I was focusing on trying to get pics, zoomed in from right behind them, without getting caught (they may not have cared, but I didn't wanna chance it, and it just more fun this way) and without getting hit by a big wheeler...

Thought the Pre was pretty ugly in person, but I'd still like to give one a go.

That's all.
    "Thought the Pre was pretty ugly in person, but I'd still like to give one a go."

ugly? No way!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I saw this update in the Engadget comments by the person who took the pictures and thought I'd pass it along:
    Its not ugly, but its def not the most attractive device I've seen, its almost a bit too cutesy. I really do hope the next version will look more polished and professional, but I'm most interested in WebOS itself, since thats what will make or break Palm.
    gee 2 kids not blown away by the Pre - that's suprising! I wonder how many staff meetings/appointments they booked on their calendar and how many facebook buddies they synced into their device... without the app store yet the most they probably did was take pictures or listen to music. If I were their age I wouldn't be blown away either - but now that I use the "other stuff" like notepads, contacts, calendars etc - I'm sure an adult would have a different opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    gee 2 kids not blown away by the Pre - that's suprising! I wonder how many staff meetings/appointments they booked on their calendar and how many facebook buddies they synced into their device... without the app store yet the most they probably did was take pictures or listen to music. If I were their age I wouldn't be blown away either - but now that I use the "other stuff" like notepads, contacts, calendars etc - I'm sure an adult would have a different opinion.

Funny, if they loved it, the feelings here would be different.
    looks photoshopped to me, i just don't believe it
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Not really. If they loved it - we'd sort of expect them to. We'd be more interested in HOW they got them in the first place. I was just more critical of that one little part of the article that said they weren't blown away. i would've thought there would be more focus on how 2 young kids got their hands on a high-demand phone so early
    I passed by that event (I live here in SF). I kinda wished I stopped by now if I knew there would be a chance to spot a Pre there LOL. What gives me hope is that the kids didn't have a crowd of people around them asking about the devices. That's a good sign that we shouldn't be running up to some heavy lines on release day here (I hope)
    hmm, seems the Pre users aren't blown away by it.
    Have Jobs announce the launch. That should do the trick.
    Those kids are just asking to be mugged having them Pre's out like that. As for having the keyboard being out like that while taking the pics, I think its best to just press down on the spacebar than to have to keep on pressing the button on the screen.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    +1
    I would start questioning the design and features !!!!
    Wait, I've been gone for a couple weeks but not that long. Did he just say they were taking videos???? The Pre can do that now?!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    All I can say about these photos is...

When did Michael Cera get a Pre? (the tall kid looks exactly like Cera from behind, he could be his stuntman.)
    Just wanted to update this thread with some more Pre in public leaks - apparently accessory manufacturers are getting their hands on Pres, and they're in mass production as we speak!

It begins: Palm Pre trickles out to accessory manufacturers
    Is it just me, or does the photos of the two kids with pres reek of fakedom?

Yea- Palm has lock down NDAs and two kids age 13-20 are out walking around with Pre's? Or their parents let them borrow them?

I don't buy it.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima301 View Post
    Just wanted to update this thread with some more Pre in public leaks - apparently accessory manufacturers are getting their hands on Pres, and they're in mass production as we speak!

An accessory manufacturer said that the screen of the Pre is not very scratch resistant? Do they happen to make screen guards?
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima301 View Post

Ludle.net...They apparently make these:

Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Ludle.net...They apparently make these:
    They make attractive women?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    They make attractive women?
    So I'm hoping. Certainly would ease the pain of my ETF.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12