1.    #1  
    I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but what is the deal with the apps for the pre?

I hear developers are, and will be working on the software, but once this thing is released, what can we expect?

Does palm have a whole bunch in store for release date, or do we wait once it is released? I'm not sure how all of the software is developed, but I wonder how long it takes to make an application.

It's hard to say too, how many programs it will come bundled with, and if they can get you by until more come out.

I love the programs on my 700p, but would love to see more featured ones when the pre comes out.

I just wonder how fast the development will move, and how many apps we will see at release, and how many we can expect each month following.

I'm sure it will take time, but hopefully people wont go... nope, we dont want to worry about development, and then we are left with not many developers wanting to make programs. I doubt this is anything to worry about, but just a thought. It is, a new platform, so who knows. I hope some of our favorite companies are working on it, or will be.

I'm so used to the stuff on the 700p and all the great apps, i'm kind of clueless as to what to expect for our new device.
    Well, considering Pandora said it took them all of 3 days to write their app, Im thinking things will move along pretty quickly.
    They said there will be an app store from day 1.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaMart View Post
    ...took them all of 3 days to write their app...
    Wow!!!
    Not that I am cheap or anything, but I hope Pandora, Fandango, and Amazon are free.
    I think Amazon and Fandango would definitely be free, not 100% sure on Pandora. Because Amazon and Fandango would get more secondary revenue from song purchases and ticket purchases. The whole concept of creating convenience.
    I think on the PC there is a free and a pay version for Pandora, so I am guessing they are doing it the same way for the Pre version, at least I hope they do. I might be willing to pay for the premium app if that would mean higher sound quality, just don't get me into some dumb subscription cycle where they charge you like 10 bucks a month for better sound quality, because that would suck hairy monkey nuts!
    Does anyone know if Pandora costs anything on the iPhone? I'd imagine they'd borrow that business model perhaps.
    Pandora is free with all mobile devices. Every so often on the iPhone one, I believe it has a short audio ad. On the WM one, it has a text ad every so often (which I've only ever seen as the Windows ad in all the months I've used it).
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Pandora is free with all mobile devices. Every so often on the iPhone one, I believe it has a short audio ad. On the WM one, it has a text ad every so often (which I've only ever seen as the Windows ad in all the months I've used it).
    Thanks for the heads up, if this is the case then I can imagine Pandora also being free.
    Bit of old news that was covered briefly, but I'll rehash it for you guys: Handcase will be bringing 100+ apps to the WebOS. They've been working with Palm for a long while now reportedly.

Way back in January, they announced such.
    The company’s CEO Ricardo Garay said: “We have 177 applications, we are migrating 2 per month from Portuguese into English. There are now over 70 and by the end of this year will be 100 in English. Imagine 100 applications with powerful features, with the option of sharing. In the coming months detail how everything will work.”
  12.    #12  
    100+ apps for the WebOS is pretty sweet. I hope that the programs are affordable as well. I dont mind paying for something if I am not dishing out tons for it. Most of the time, unless it is a Medical program, I wouldn't pay over $29.99 for a program. $39.99 would be pushing it, and even at that it would have to be one of the best programs out there. If programs were in the $5.95-$19.95 range (or cheaper) that would be great. Who knows what to expect.

You have to realize, that with the economy the way it is, most are not going to pay lots for apps. I sure hope they make these programs affordable. Oh...AND I hope all of them we can update OTA.

I sure hope Shsh and hobbyist get into this area. I love the apps from both of them.