1.    #1  
    Not sure if this has been discussed so far, but how difficult do u think it will be for the center ball to light up when u receive a call or a notification? That would be pretty slick!
    It has been. Just take a look around page 2 of the forum.
    Another huge question unanswered. The center button does light up, but we don't know yet about notifications.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    According to Dieter on the Smartphone round table it doesn't light up because Palm did a survey in the past and found consumers were confused about the notification light telling them they had an alert. (Something along the lines like that) That is crazy though because I rather have a notification telling me to check the phone instead of having nothing.
    Eh... The more I think about it the less I care. I never use it on my current Treo.

And the only way it WOULD be cool is if it had something like the Xperia, which has four lights all on opposite corners.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    well it was brought up in the palm blog where they asked whats on peoples minds. there was a reply assuring us the comments were being heard so hopefully maybe they can make it blink
    Could just as easily have the screen blink or brightness blink to show notifications.
    The center button does not light up for notifications.

Period.

Sorry.

(ok, here's one teensy tiny possibility that it may change: http://www.precentral.net/did-palm-c...e-behavior-pre )
    Major downer for both the Pre and the iPhone. Its works so well for the Blackberry and is so simple to include. I don't get it.
    Come on Palm, at least make it a preference.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    I think Palm hired too many Ex-apple people, they brought along the "Hey, we know what you want and you don't want this" mentality over to Palm.

Dieter has spoken. At least I can lay this one to rest. Maybe I can hope for an option for it in a later firmware update or app.
    yes, option option OPTION! For all of these things that we are disputing, make them an option! Then everyone is happy.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I think Palm hired too many Ex-apple people, they brought along the "Hey, we know what you want and you don't want this" mentality over to Palm.
    I get that sense as well. See also: Binary SDK. Hopefully Palm will be more responsive and we don't have to spend years moaning like it took to get copy and paste on the iPhone.