Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    I recall the most recent round of demo videos (the third party ones) bringing up that the Pre has both, and will use aGPS to get a general fix and quickly narrow it down with full-on GPS.
    I don't think that guy knew what he was talking about. I think what he meant was that it uses cell tower information to get a general fix and then use GPS to narrow it down, which is what aGPS is. I doubt that there is actually standalone GPS, but we'll see.
    I could see how it would be possible and useful in some cases but I would never really on software that you could do much more reliably with hardware such as flipping the switch to turn off the ringer.

I have not used a palm produce since the PDA I owned a long time ago so, when you flip the ringer switch does it turn on vibrate, or does it turn off that too?

Also with the GPS stuff, sprint only uses aGPS in their phones according to a friend of mine that used to work at sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

I have not used a palm produce since the PDA I owned a long time ago so, when you flip the ringer switch does it turn on vibrate, or does it turn off that too?
    It switches a Treo to vibrate mode, silencing all system and phone audible alerts...vibrating the phone so that you know which way that you went. When you flip it the other way, it turns system/phone alerts back on, but there is no audible chirp. You know which way that you just went without even looking by whether or not the phone vibrated when you moved the switch. Of course, you can always look at the switch too, but who does that?
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Didn't McNamee say during one of his crazed homilies about the Pre that it could tell when you're running late to a meeting based on your current location via GPS and traffic reports between you and the meeting's location, and automatically alert people at the meeting that you're running late?

It sounds like utter fantasy, but if Palm thought to build that in, maybe they did a Locale sort of thing as well...
    Sweet thanks scuba, I figured it may put it into vibrate mode just was not really sure.
  6.    #26  
    LMAO @ crazed homilies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12