1.    #1  
    The early SDK is released, and yet we don't know what apps are gonna come out aside from, pandora, fandago, google maps.

Does anyone know who is developing right now for the pre? It would be awfully nice to know who is developing so we can get an idea of what sort of programs are going to launch. I hope I'm not the only one who wonders.

Are there any treocentral.com Forum members here that are developing?

Maybe we can find a list of them, or maybe bug palm to let us know!
    I think it's supposed to be confidential
  3.    #3  
    yeah, I feel kind of dumb... I asked the question before I researched. It is supposed to be confidential according Palm's SDK FAQ

sigh... I wish I could blame on this silly question on alcohol consumption, but I am completely sober.
    This is completly stupid.. I am tired of all of the secrets, no talking, no touching .. no no no no no.. I feel like a 3 year old trying to get into a cookie jar with thier parents watching...
    The partnerships that I`ve heard of so far.. from CES keynote + news articles :

dataviz
    amazon
    pandora
    mobitv
    yahoo
    telenav
    fandango
    chapura
    google
    aol
    facebook
    motion apps
    flight view
    adobe flash

and these were apparently at PALM HQ during the nov sneek peek.. but not sure if they are developing apps

intuit (makers of quicken)
    epocrates
    myspace

feel free to add

web os looks to be quite functional at launch.. i too am anxious to hear who else is on board.. the palm blog mentioned they are letting in more developers every week.
    Last edited by truffles; 04/12/2009 at 12:03 AM.
    I saw a tweet from Fantastic Palm and Pocket PC Games by Smart Box Design that they where excepted into the early dev program last week, so maybe some games from them?
    Quote Originally Posted by truffles View Post
    dataviz
    amazon
    pandora
    mobitv
    yahoo
    telenav
    fandango
    chapura
    google
    aol
    facebook
    motion apps
    flight view
    adobe flash
    intuit (makers of quicken)
    epocrates
    myspace
    And, did I expect to be in this company? I guess not. Palm should allow some wild-card entries, to keep amateurs like me in the race. But then, that's selfish-me talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    And, did I expect to be in this company? I guess not. Palm should allow some wild-card entries, to keep amateurs like me in the race. But then, that's selfish-me talking.
    Did you apply for the Early SDK dev program?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Did you apply for the Early SDK dev program?
    Oh, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    I saw a tweet from Fantastic Palm and Pocket PC Games by Smart Box Design that they where excepted into the early dev program last week, so maybe some games from them?
    15 bucks for one of their Palm games?

I really hope they are sticking to iPhone App Store type pricing...like 99 cents to maybe 10 bucks with the average being like 5 dollars.
    Regarding pricing, the way that Palm is restricting the developer list practically ensures that the cost of apps will, at least initially, be much higher than the ones found in the iTunes App Store. iPhone apps are cheap because they let just about anyone develop and market an app. By initially restricting the developer list, they are lowering the compeition among developers. Not to mention that every developer for webOS apps is making a bet on the potential success of the platform. They are going to want some reward for taking that risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    Regarding pricing, the way that Palm is restricting the developer list practically ensures that the cost of apps will, at least initially, be much higher than the ones found in the iTunes App Store. iPhone apps are cheap because they let just about anyone develop and market an app. By initially restricting the developer list, they are lowering the compeition among developers. Not to mention that every developer for webOS apps is making a bet on the potential success of the platform. They are going to want some reward for taking that risk.
    So you think we can forget about the thousands of free apps the Fruity Fans get? Hmm... I like the Fandango and Amazon app....but they better not even think about charging me for it. The Associated Press has a free news reader app on the iPhone as well, same with apps from DirecTV and Netflix....I expect those to be free as well on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    15 bucks for one of their Palm games?

I really hope they are sticking to iPhone App Store type pricing...like 99 cents to maybe 10 bucks with the average being like 5 dollars.
    I hope they don't. I can't stand looking through Apples store (iPod touch, just felt the need to clarify that :-) ) looking for something useful.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I hope they don't. I can't stand looking through Apples store (iPod touch, just felt the need to clarify that :-) ) looking for something useful.
    Useful? Why are you looking in the iTunes App Store then. You won't find anything USEFUL.... ;o)
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    There are indeed many useful apps in the App Store, but you do have to SEARCH.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Don't forget to add Handcase to the list: http://www.precentral.net/handcase-chooses-pre-too
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Oh, yes.
    Same here, but so far, nada. I guess you can't blame them going for the more established companies, but as you said, I think it would have been a smart move to let a few amateurs in too
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    Regarding pricing, the way that Palm is restricting the developer list practically ensures that the cost of apps will, at least initially, be much higher than the ones found in the iTunes App Store. iPhone apps are cheap because they let just about anyone develop and market an app.
    No they don't unfortunately. That's why Cydia App Store was opened.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!