Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I can only speak about my experience with Palm and review units. As Darth said it's anyone's guess. Palm sent me the Sprint Treo 755p, Unlocked 680, Sprint Centro, and Sprint Treo Pro before the official release date (it was only a few days before the date, and NDA's were signed). The Verizon 755p, Unlocked Centro, unlocked 750 were a few days after the official release. Palm is VERY tight lipped about the Pre. I still can't believe that they managed to keep it from being leaked before the CES announcement.

I'm sure if Sprint stores start getting them in we'll start seeing new threads popping up here with pictures to fan the flames until they're officially available.
    Hmmmm, perhaps an oversight on your part, but you didn't actually say that you haven't gotten a Pre, just that Palm is "tight lipped" about it. I'm intrigued. I think there are a lot of them out there and Palm has threatened pain of death for those who break the NDA or something.
    I rememeber calling my Sprint store a week before the Centro was released and they told me they had the demo there. I went into the store and they showed me and then the manager said " I got them in the back" and asked if I wanted to buy it a week early and I got me Centro a week before release date. Now only difference is that it seems they are just sending a demo and not a supply to the stores so slimmer chance of this happening.
    fyi -

not sure this tells us much new - but - per a Sprint employee - the next new phone launch windows are -

April 15
    May 1
    May 15
    June 1

(they either said 15th or 17th - i can't recall)

they usually get a demo 1 week in advance and they don't have it yet so obviously April 15 is out.
    Still no word today Darth Pooh? Give us an update on your buddy's "advocate" Pre
    Hopeful bump
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    fyi -

not sure this tells us much new - but - per a Sprint employee - the next new phone launch windows are -

April 15
    May 1
    May 15
    June 1

(they either said 15th or 17th - i can't recall)

they usually get a demo 1 week in advance and they don't have it yet so obviously April 15 is out.
    Sprint always launches on Sundays, so the windows would be:

April 19th (I believe this is already being taken up by the Instinct S30 launch)
    May 3rd
    May 17th (the most popular rumor right now)
    May 31st
  7.    #47  
    Trust me... when I know, you'll know. I haven't forgotten nor have I lost contact with my advocate.
    DP, what's up? Did he not get it this week after all? I know you said you'd update, but any updates?
    I found out last night that my nephew will be the advocate for the store he works at. He hasn't found out yet when he is getting it though. I am so excited that I will be able to see it and play with it before I can buy it.
  10.    #50  
    No updates as of yet, but it seems that many people will have advocate contacts so, most of my info is going to fairly redundant at this point.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    No updates as of yet, but it seems that many people will have advocate contacts so, most of my info is going to fairly redundant at this point.
    at this point, the more the merrier.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I can confirm 100% my local sprint store also the one were my contact is have an actual pre in the store they ain't allowed to show customer but I'll get some pics before the weekend is over
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I can confirm 100% my local sprint store also the one were my contact is have an actual pre in the store they ain't allowed to show customer but I'll get some pics before the weekend is over
    If you can get pictures of a Pre in a Sprint store, I'll be overjoyed. But if it's a picture of the Pre on a bamboo backround, prepare for skepticism.

If one store has 'em, others will too. Looking forward to other posts like this. In redundancy we trust.
    Lets hope their nails are clipped!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Lets hope their nails are clipped!
    dude, seriously? did you really have to bring up that image again? , where's the puke smiley when you need it.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    i did get to see the Pre yesterday but didn't get to play with it hopefully today or tomorrow I can get some time with it and take pics
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    So u saw a pre in a sprint store?
    I just spoke with the Pre Advocate at my local Sprint store for about 10 minutes...she said that she just got an email today about the release date and hinted at May 17th. She also said she has heard nothing about the training she needs to do before the phone is released and that training is usually 2 weeks for new devices like the Pre. She has also not received her demo phone yet, and doesn't know when to expect it.

Just thought I'd share. It does give me hope for a May 17th release, even though she couldn't tell me for sure. She mentioned the May 17th date from what she has gathered online while doing research like we all do, but it seemed to be a hint as to what the email said that she received.
    i cant take this anymore its like Chinese water torture drips of info little by little
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    i did get to see the Pre yesterday but didn't get to play with it hopefully today or tomorrow I can get some time with it and take pics
    Tell you what, download Qik | Share Live Video From Your Mobile Phone to your phone (hopefully your phone supports it), turn it on and go in there recoreding, have it in your pocket or something. If you show me a cardboard cutout, or one of those paper like "instinct" pamphlets, i'll figure out something to do to you.. haha
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast